Once you learn how to make sweet cream cold foam at home, you won’t believe how easy it is. This Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam is lightly sweetened and has real flecks of vanilla bean in it to take it over-the-top. (My ideal breakfast may or may not be this served with bagels and lox.)
In the original cold foam recipe, I share flavor ideas like bitters, mint, golden latte, and vanilla bean (similar to this sweet cold foam recipe but the original one is made without sugar). Pour your homemade vanilla sweet cream cold foam over cold brew or your favorite iced espresso or coffee – it’s totally up to you!
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What is Sweet Cream Cold Foam?
- Sweet Cream Cold Foam VIDEO
- What You’ll Love About Sweet Cold Foam
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam Ingredients
- How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- More Easy Coffee Drink Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
What is Sweet Cream Cold Foam?
Sweet cream cold foam is just like the original cold foam, but is made with a vanilla syrup.
Sweet Cream Cold Foam VIDEO
What You’ll Love About Sweet Cold Foam
- Lightly sweet
- Real vanilla bean flecks
- Made with just a few ingredients
- Ready in less than a minute
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam Ingredients
This vanilla sweet cream cold brew with cold foam is made with just a few simple ingredients:
- Heavy cream – This gives major whipped cream vibes and is SO good. It also helps the foam have a thick and strong structure (so that the foam doesn’t deflate right away).
- Milk – You can use skim, 2%, or whole milk. This helps lighten the foam up a bit.
- Vanilla simple syrup – You can use store-bought vanilla coffee syrup, or make your own in a few minutes.
- Coffee – Cold brew, iced espresso, or your favorite iced coffee.
And here are the ingredients from the Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam:
Ice, Brewed Coffee, Vanilla Sweet Cream [Cream (Cream, Mono And Diglycerides, Carageenan), Milk, Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Vanilla Syrup [Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid]
How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam
It’s easy to make your favorite Starbucks drinks at home:
- Mix. Combine heavy cream, milk, and vanilla bean syrup (or vanilla extract) in small glass (leaving room for foam to expand).
- Froth. Use a frother or milk frother and froth for about 15-25 seconds, until lightly frothy with a velvety texture.
- Serve. Pour sweet cream cold foam over cold brew coffee and serve immediately.
How to Make Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
This delicious homemade vanilla syrup is made in just a few steps:
- Mix ingredient. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Heat. Heat mixture over medium heat to a boil, lower heat, and stir until all of the sugar dissolves.
- Add vanilla. Stir in vanilla bean paste.
- Store. Let syrup cool and store in fridge.
Use a 1:1 ratio (1/2 cup of sugar + 1/2 cup of water + 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste) which will make about 6 oz. (12 tablespoons) of vanilla bean syrup.
Using a tablespoon of vanilla syrup in each serving results in a medium sweetness level, but feel free to adjust according to your preferences.
How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam with Nespresso
You’ll make the sweet cream foam exactly the same, but instead of serving it over cold brew, you’ll serve it over brewed espresso.
I typically like to use two shots (two capsules) and I prefer making it weaker by using the larger cup size on the top, but make it according to your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is sweet cream cold foam at Starbucks?
The Starbucks sweet cream cold foam is a foamy mix of milk and vanilla syrup. It’s similar to whipped cream in flavor, but with a lighter, frothy texture.
Is there a difference between sweet cream cold foam and whipping cream?
Yes and no. While they are made with essentially the same ingredients, cold foam is not whipped as much as whipped cream as we want it to flow and not beat it to stiff peaks like you might with whipping cream.
Can you make dairy-free sweet cream cold foam?
Yes, you can make dairy-free sweet cream cold foam, but it doesn’t hold up structurally as well as heavy cream, but it definitely still works, so if that’s your preference, you can use oat, almond, or soy milk.
Can you make sweet cream cold foam without a milk frother?
Yes, you have a few options if you don’t have a handheld frother or electric milk frother. You can try blending the mixture (though you’ll need a small blender attachment), or shake in a small mason jar until it’s frothy.
Vanilla cold foam is best served immediately.
More Easy Coffee Drink Recipes
If you love this vanilla sweet cream cold foam recipe, you might also like some of these other easy drink recipes:
- Mint Cold Foam
- Pink Drink with Vanilla Cold Foam
- Pumpkin Cold Foam
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Lavender Latte
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- Milk frother – This is a kitchen must in my opinion, and it’s less than $20.
- Vanilla paste – You know those gorgeous vanilla bean flecks? It’s from a vanilla bean paste and makes the BEST vanilla cold foam with flecks you can see.
- Nespresso – Make high-quality espresso right at home with the touch of a button.
Learn how to make sweet cream cold foam, so you can master your Starbucks favorites at home! Vanilla sweet cream cold foam takes 2 minutes.
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla syrup (see recipe above or use store-bought)
- In a small glass, combine heavy cream, milk, and vanilla syrup.
- Froth mixture for 15-25 seconds until light and foamy.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: how to make sweet cream cold foam, vanilla sweet cream cold foam, Starbucks sweet cream cold foam
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!