Anthony Bourdain’s scrambled eggs recipe is a must-try – the trick to his eggs is genius!
If you aren’t familiar with Anthony Bourdain’s scrambled eggs, you’ll want to change that immediately. Because love him or hate him (we all have an opinion about that!) the trick to his scrambled eggs is genius.
Years ago, when we were new to California, we watched the LA episode of his Layover show and copied everything he did and everything he ate with dedication. We went out for Korean BBQ the very next night. We took his advice and ordered the pork neck stew. We made his scrambled eggs a few days later. We did not stay in a private bungalow at Chateau Marmont…but everything else? We did.
How to make Anthony Bourdain’s Scrambled Eggs
When Anthony Bourdain stays in his (fancy) bungalow, he always makes his own breakfast. I love that it’s one of those chef meals that features simple elements that come together in a delicious way. Here’s how to make Anthony Bourdain’s Scrambled Eggs:
- Fry the sliced bacon until crisp
- Whisk eggs and add them to the pan (no milk, no water)
- When eggs are finished cooking, stir in a dollop of sour cream and chopped chives or green onions
Ok, pause. I know that you might be thinking that sour cream in eggs is gross – or sacrilege – or both, but it works! The dollop of sour cream at the end of cooking turns scrambled eggs (even dry, over-cooked eggs) into the creamiest, richest eggs – all without the pressure of cooking them perfectly.
Seriously. Anthony Bourdain’s Scrambled Eggs wouldn’t exist without the sour cream!
Have I convinced you? Will you try it and report back?
If breakfast is your jam, you’ve got to try breakfast tacos with chipotle sour cream – they are one of my favorite meals!
Anthony Bourdain’s Scrambled Eggs Recipe:Print
Anthony Bourdain’s scrambled egg recipe is a must-try – the trick to his eggs is genius!
- 1/2 cup sliced bacon (about 2 slices of thick-cut)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- Heat a medium or large pan (nonstick if you have it) over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon to pan and cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Lower heat and drain some of the bacon fat.
- Add eggs to pan, stirring constantly, and when set, remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: scrambled eggs, eggs, breakfast, brunch