You’ll love this easy sausage lentil soup recipe that’s made with pantry staples that you probably already have on hand!
This red lentil soup cooks in less than 45 minutes with my soup secret that gives it max flavor in minimum time!
Sausage Lentil Soup Recipe | You’ll love this easy sausage lentil soup recipe that cooks in less than 45 minutes with my soup secret that gives it max flavor in minimum time!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (bulk)
- 1 1/2 cup red lentils (dried)
- 1/2 tsp, sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth (or veggie)
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- grated parmesan cheese
- lemon wedges
- fresh parsley
- olive oil for drizzling
- Prepare ingredients: dice onion. Mince garlic.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and Italian sausage to pot and break up with a spoon, cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add lentils to pot and lightly toast. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Pour in marinara sauce and chicken broth, add bay leaf to pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves, stir in spinach, and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and a lemon wedge.
- Get your kids involved! They can: measure out lentils, top their soup.
- Red lentils: These lentils cook faster than a green or brown lentil, so if you use those, you’ll need to cook the soup longer!
Keywords: sausage and lentil soup, sausage and lentil soup recipe, red lentil soup