Spaghetti Squash Turkey Parmesan recipe is a lower-carb, super-satisfying meal packed with protein, vegetables, AND flavor!
This spaghetti squash turkey parmesan recipe is sponsored by Milk & Eggs.
Want to know something SUPER cliché about me?
I love shopping at the farmer’s markets. The fresh smells; the upscale foods that I love to spend all of my money on; the fact that you can ask the most-obscure questions and the people behind the stands always know the answers; the flowers; the beautiful rows of fresh berries; the avocados; the squash…I could go on forever and browse forever!
Demi loves them too, but she’s in it for the endless fruit samples. Whatever they’re sampling, she’s trying. And I wish I could show you her happily strutting up and down the aisles. It’s a sight.
Ultimately, while I love the ambiance the farmers market lends, I’m in it for the quality. There is something about super-fresh produce, and high-quality meats. They just don’t need much to shine. Of course I love supporting local brands and farms, but mostly, I just think the food tastes better!
And there is also a part of me that enjoys the “what’s in season” question, because when you live in Southern California, the seasonal lines are blurred. It’s so easy to forget what is in season because it feels like everything is always available. Fall equals squash though, and that’s one seasonal ingredient I never forget! I love so many of squash varieties, but spaghetti squash is one of my favorites. No need to peel (bonus!) and always the base of a satisfying meal – the possibilities are endless. Today we’re going Italian with Spaghetti Squash Turkey Parmesan!
Another super cliché fun fact about me? I love getting groceries delivered. I don’t do it every week, but man, it can be SUCH a lifesaver when weekends are busy with fun and we don’t have time to get to the store or market. Grocery shopping is not a task that I dread, instead quite the opposite (hello, food!), but there are still plenty of times when delivery comes in verrrrry handy.
And Milk & Eggs makes this process so easy. It’s very CSA meets farmers market meets grocery store. I’m so glad to partner with them on this post, to show you just how easy it is to bring the market to your doorstep. They also have a ton of the great local items that I would normally pick up at the farmer’s market (the Hollywood and Larchmont markets are my favorite) but aren’t sold in stores. Wait, I can get my farmers market fix from the comfort of my couch? Brilliant. (If you live in LA or Orange County and want to try it out, they are offering my readers $15 off any order over $35! Use the code “emily” in checkout. FREE FOOD!!!)
Everything you need to make this meal, can be easily ordered and delivered to you in days, let’s do it!
Spaghetti Squash Turkey Parmesan
We’re going to quickly cook spaghetti squash in the microwave (yes, it’s that easy) and stuff it full of healthy, tasty ingredients: ground turkey meat, homemade sauce, fresh arugula, and a sprinkle of Italian cheese.
Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite squashes, mainly because it’s shape is so fun, and while it’s not exactly pasta, it’s definitely a great (and veggie-filled) alternative for nights when you don’t need the real deal. I always find it SO filling, and always overestimate how much I can eat.
It’s really all you need this winter. Cozy, filling, nutritious, and SO satisfying.Print
Spaghetti Squash Turkey Parmesan
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Spaghetti squash is stuffed full of healthy, tasty ingredients: ground turkey meat, homemade sauce, fresh arugula, and a sprinkle of Italian cheese. Cozy, filling, and SO satisfying.
- 4–5 lb. spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey (light and dark meat)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–15.5 oz container marinara sauce
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a fork, prick holes all over squash.
- Microwave for 4 minutes. When cool enough to handle, carefully cut squash lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard.
- Season squash halves with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place squash, cut sides down on a large plate or platter. Pour 1/2 cup water to bottom of plate and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Squash is done when strands are easily scooped away from skin. If not cooked through, microwave for 2 minute increments until done. Scoop out squash flesh when done cooking, saving skin.
- While squash is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add turkey and garlic to hot pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through, breaking up chunks with spatula.
- Add sauce to pan and remove from heat. Add squash strands, arugula, and 3/4 cup cheese to pan (or large bowl if you don’t have enough room) and stir until combined.
- On a baking sheet, stuff mixture into squash skins, top with remaining cheese and bake for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
If using lean (light) turkey meat, you may need to add some oil to pan.
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.