You’re going to love how quickly this healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe comes together! You’ll need just 10 minutes to prep and 7 everyday ingredients (plus tortillas and toppings!). Make this easy chicken fajita recipe next time you need a quick dinner that the whole family will love.
I’m ALLLLLLL about these sheet pan dinners lately. They make pulling together dinner SO easy: bake protein and vegetables all together on one pan. Are you familiar with them? Please share any of your favorites if you are!
For these easy oven baked sheet pan chicken fajitas I used my mom’s marinade recipe – a simple combo of lime juice, oil, garlic and oregano. Then it’s as easy as tossing the peppers, onions and chicken in the marinade, spreading them out onto the pan and roasting.
Thirty minutes later you have a dinner that includes protein, vegetables, carbs, and plenty of flavor! A dinner that everyone loves. And a dinner that everyone can top and customize themselves. (Always a win, right?) Toppings can be as simple or as extravagant as you please – sour cream, salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, chopped lettuce, minced onion, hot sauce…
This sheet pan chicken fajita recipe was originally published in January 2017 and republished in February 2021 to include video, step-by-step ingredients, and FAQs.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas FAQs
- How to Store Leftover Chicken Fajitas
- How to Serve Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas to the Whole Family
- More Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Easy Chicken Fajita Recipe
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
These chicken fajitas are made simple in the oven – and all on one sheet pan! Here’s how to make them:
- Prep ingredients. Slice peppers, onions, and chicken into strips. Mince garlic. Juice lime.
- Mix easy chicken fajitas marinade. In a large bowl, stir together garlic, lime juice, olive oil, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Bake chicken fajitas. Toss chicken, peppers, and onions in with marinade until coated. Spread out on a half sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken fajitas. Serve fajitas in flour tortillas and various toppings.
Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas FAQs
How many chicken fajitas per person?
I always err on the side of having too much as opposed to having not enough, but it also depends what else you’re going to serve alongside the chicken fajitas.
An average amount would be 2 per person (with a larger-sized flour tortillas), so start there and adjust based on appetites and sides.
Can you make chicken fajitas without lime juice?
The lime juice gives fajitas a fresh and bright flavor, but you could skip if necessary. You could also use lemon juice or orange juice.
Can you make chicken fajitas without peppers?
Fajitas without peppers?! Say it isn’t so! If you can’t have peppers, you could swap them for sliced zucchini or seasoned cauliflower florets.
What are good toppings for chicken fajitas?
I like to keep them quite simple – sour cream, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and salsa or pico de gallo.
What sides can you serve with chicken fajitas?
Serve the fajitas with black beans or refried beans, Mexican rice, or if you’re looking for some extra veggies, try my Mexican cauliflower rice. And as always, tortilla chips are never a bad idea.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Fajitas
Store healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas in the refrigerator (separate from the tortillas, of course!) for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a 375 degrees F oven, just until heated through.
Can you freeze chicken fajitas?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken fajita and pepper mixture for 2-3 months. Let it thaw before reheating. The texture of the peppers may change slightly due to the moisture levels.
How to Serve Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas to the Whole Family
Customizable meals like this recipe for sheet pan chicken fajitas are perfect for one family meal as everyone can build their own meal.
I recommend serving this one family-style and letting everyone pick what goes into their fajitas and then what toppings they want on them.
More Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
If you like this easy chicken fajitas recipe, you’ll like some of these other sheet pan dinners:
- Sheet Pan Meatball Dinner – Protein, carbs, and veggies in one simple + delicious
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers – So many ways to serve up this classic meal. Made with just 6 ingredients.
- Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Pierogies – This flavor combo is just SO SO good! Just 6 ingredients and a simple prep.
- Sheet Pan Baked Gnocchi – Just 10 minutes to prep, and YES, you can bake gnocchi!
Helpful Tools to Make Easy Chicken Fajita Recipe
- Half Sheet Pan – You’ll be making up a lot of these sheet pan dinners, so get your sheet pans ready! These are great quality and Minnesota-made. 🙂
- Chef Knife – Quick and easy chicken fajitas are even faster with a great knife and this one feels GREAT. (I think the rounded handle is very comfortable.)
This delicious + healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe comes together in just 30 min! Family approved and everyone loves making their own!
- 3 bell peppers (green, red and orange), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (~1 lime)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 12 flour tortillas
- toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, hot sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Slice peppers and onions.
Slice chicken into about 1×4-inch strips.
In a large bowl, mix together the minced garlic, lime juice, olive oil, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper.
Toss vegetables and chicken in marinade and spread onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Turn oven to broil and broil for about 2-3 minutes (on the second rack), until veggies and chicken are lightly browned. Watch closely so they don’t burn!
Serve with warm tortillas and toppings as desired.
- Nutrition facts do not include toppings.
Keywords: sheet pan chicken fajitas, easy chicken fajita recipe, healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas, sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe