Learn how to make chipotle corn salsa! This copycat Chipotle corn salsa recipe is made with just 7 basic ingredients and takes just 20 minutes to make. Then the fun part…eating it! Serve this simple recipe with tortilla chips as the perfect appetizer, or as a salad, or as a barbacoa burrito bowl topping, there are so many ways to eat this. Don’t be surprised if it quickly becomes one of your favorite salsas, too!
If you love copycat recipes, try my Crockpot barbacoa burrito bowls next and be sure to tag me on instagram (@myeverydaytable) when you make it, I love to see your creations! And if you’ve made it, will you please leave it a ⭐️ star rating below? It helps me out a ton!❤️
Table of Contents
- What is Roasted Chili Corn Salsa at Chipotle?
- Chipotle Corn Salsa Web Story
- What You’ll Love about this Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- Chipotle Corn Salsa Ingredients
- How to Make Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- More Mexican-Ish Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
What is Roasted Chili Corn Salsa at Chipotle?
The Chipotle corn salsa recipe is made up with: white corn, roasted poblano pepper, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro, and seasoned with lemon and lime juices. (From the Chipotle website)
The great thing about Chipotle’s famous recipes is that because they list their ingredients online, it’s easy to get them really close to the real thing!
Chipotle Corn Salsa Web Story
What You’ll Love about this Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- Tastes just like the roasted chili-corn salsa from Chipotle
- Fresh flavors
- Versatile – so many ways to eat it
- Easy to make – takes just 10 minutes prep
- Made with just 7 simple ingredients
Chipotle Corn Salsa Ingredients
Wondering what is in Chipotle corn salsa? Here are the Chipotle corn salsa ingredients you’ll need:
- Poblano peppers – Poblano peppers give the salsa great smoky flavor, but the closest substitute option would be a green bell pepper.
- Corn – While the original Chipotle corn salsa recipe is made with white sweet corn, I had a lot of trouble finding that at my local grocery stores. The closest I could find was frozen white + golden sweet corn blend, so that’s what I used. You can use frozen corn or fresh corn if it’s available.
- Red onion – You could also use a white onion. Mince the onion as small as you can.
- Jalapeno pepper – This is optional. If you like heat, definitely add it but if you want a milder salsa you can use 1/2 or less of the jalapeno.
- Cilantro – Look for deep green fresh cilantro without browning.
- Lime juice – Fresh citrus juice is best.
- Lemon juice – It may sound odd, but this is the secret ingredient that gives it the classic Chipotle flavor. The combination of lemon and lime is key.
- Sea salt
How to Make Chipotle Corn Salsa
This copycat Chipotle corn salsa recipe comes together in a few simple steps:
- Roast poblano peppers. This step may seem like a lot of work, but have no fear, it’s very simple. You’ll char the poblano peppers, then cover them with plastic wrap to steam them, before removing the stems, seeds, and skin.
- Prep ingredients. Cook corn if necessary. Dice onion, mince jalapeno, and chop cilantro.
- Mix Chipotle chili corn salsa. In a big bowl, mix together the poblano peppers, corn, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, and sea salt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Chipotle put sugar in their corn salsa?
Chipotle doesn’t add any sugar to their white corn salsa recipe, but they do mention on their website that the sweet white corn has a high sugar content, so it might taste sweeter than regular corn.
Is Chipotle corn salsa vegan?
Yes, Chipotle’s corn salsa is vegan. This easy copycat recipe is also vegan.
Is corn salsa from Chipotle spicy?
The corn salsa from Chipotle is mildly spicy, but it will of course depend on your heat tolerance. It is made with poblano peppers that are mild, but also includes jalapenos, which are spicier.
If you make this copycat recipe for Chipotle corn salsa at home, you can omit the jalapeno or add extra, depending on your preference.
Is corn salsa healthy?
Yes, corn salsa is healthy, it’s loaded with fresh produce. Unless you can’t eat corn…then it’s not healthy. 🙂
The Chipotle corn salsa nutrition facts can be found below the recipe card.
Store the sweet corn salsa recipe in a glass storage container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can corn salsa be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze salsa in an airtight container for 2-3 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before serving. The texture may change slightly, but because the bulk of the corn salsa recipe is made up of corn which freezes really well, it freezes surprisingly well.
What to Serve with Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
Now that you’ve made the best corn salsa recipe, how are you going to eat it? Here are a few ideas:
- Tortilla chips (best and most obvious choice!) – It’s an excellent choice for taco night, game day, or super bowl snacking – just make a big batch!
- Veggie scoops – Mini bell peppers work best, but cucumber slices will also work
- Salad – This easy salsa makes a great side dish to any Mexican food
- Salad topper over my Tex-Mex side salad
- As a topping for homemade chipotle burrito bowls – Try my slow cooker chicken burrito bowls or Chipotle copycat barbacoa burrito bowls
- As a topping for tacos – This is my favorite topping for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and more
More Mexican-Ish Recipes
If you like this Chipotle corn salsa recipe, you might also like some of these other easy Mexican-ish recipes:
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa Burrito Bowls (Chipotle Copycat)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Fish Tacos with Fish Sticks
- Mexican Taco Soup
Helpful Tools to Make Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover simple corn salsa recipe in these leak-proof glass containers.
- Glass Bowl Set – Mix up the copycat Chipotle corn salsa in these glass bowls. They all fit together for easy storage.
- Chef Knife – Using a sharp knife will make chopping the spicy corn salsa ingredients easy.
- Silicone Spatulas – Add these to your list when it’s time for fresh spatulas, they don’t stain!
Learn how to make Chipotle corn salsa! This copycat Chipotle corn salsa recipe is easy and tastes just like the real deal.
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 20 oz. (about 4 cups) white + golden corn
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- tortilla chips
- Roast poblano peppers. Preheat broiler to high heat (500 degrees F) and adjust rack to 6 inches below broiler. Place poblano peppers on a baking sheet lined with foil and broil for 10 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes.
- Immediately place peppers in a bowl and cover with a plate or plastic wrap to hold in the steam. Let sit for 10 minutes, or until they are cool enough to handle, and remove stem, seeds, and outer skin of pepper and dice.
- Meanwhile, prep ingredients:
Cook corn according to package instructions or roast.
Finely dice onion.
Finely mince jalapeno if using.
Finely chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn, poblano peppers, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Chill for 30 minutes and adjust sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Makes about 5 cups corn salsa.
- You may need to adjust salt, but it will also depend on how salty your chips are!
Keywords: copycat chipotle corn salsa, how to make chipotle corn salsa, Chipotle corn salsa, Chipotle corn salsa recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!