Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are an easy family dinner that take just 15 minutes to prep and is full of flavor! If you love easy recipes like this one, be sure to try my crockpot salsa chicken, shredded chicken nachos, and esquites next time.
CLICK HERE to pin healthy slow cooker chicken burrito bowls for later.
I have never used my slow cooker as much as I’m using it now! Cook once, eat twice meals (like this Slow Cooker Honey Beer Pork) are an integral part of my meal plan service so I’ve been testing and developing SO. MANY. SLOW COOKER MEALS.
View this post on Instagram
Which is awesome, because as much as I love spending time in the kitchen, I also love easy and healthy meals that don’t require a ton of time to prep.
So let me tell you about this meal…
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
Chicken breasts are combined with tomatoes, salsa, spices, corn, and black beans. Then, we serve this delicious mixture over rice with you favorite burrito toppings like shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce.
Perfect. Easy. Chicken. Dinner.
Be sure to share your healthy slow cooker chicken burrito bowls with me! Tag me @myeverydaytable or use #myeverydaytable so that I can see what you make!
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe:Print
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are an easy family dinner that take just 15 minutes to prep and is full of flavor!
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 red onion
- 8 oz. sour cream
- salsa, hot sauce
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with can of tomatoes, salsa, cumin, and salt. Stir together. Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- When getting ready to eat prepare rice as directed.
- When chicken is done, stir in rinsed beans and frozen corn. Stir together and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Prepare toppings:
Wash and chop lettuce.
Wash and chop cilantro.
- Compile bowls with rice, chicken mixture, and desired toppings.
- Get your kids involved! They can: stir together the chicken in slow cooker, help prepare toppings, make their own bowl.
Keywords: slow cooker chicken, slow cooker chicken burrito bowl, chicken burrito bowl