Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are an easy family dinner that take just 15 minutes to prep and is full of flavor!
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 red onion
- 8 oz. sour cream
- salsa, hot sauce
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with can of tomatoes, chicken broth, salsa, cumin, and salt. Stir together. Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- When getting ready to eat prepare rice as directed.
- When chicken is done, stir in rinsed beans and frozen corn. Stir together and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Prepare toppings:
Wash and chop lettuce.
Wash and chop cilantro.
- Compile bowls with rice, chicken mixture, and desired toppings.
- Get your kids involved! They can: stir together the chicken in slow cooker, help prepare toppings, make their own bowl.
Keywords: slow cooker chicken, slow cooker chicken burrito bowl, chicken burrito bowl