Black Bean Cowboy Caviar recipe is an easy bean dip, full of plant-based protein, and delicious scooped up with pepper and tortilla chips.
I love this easy summer dinner. I was trying to come up with a fun, no-cook meal for my meal plan subscribers, and this black bean cowboy caviar is just what I was looking for.
Why does Black Bean Cowboy Caviar make a great dinner?
- It’s a no-cook meal. Perfect for steamy summer nights.
- It’s full of plant-based protein. Skipping the meat once a week helps the environment AND your grocery budget.
- It’s fun. A dinner that’s eaten with scoop-able pepper chunks and tortilla chips? No forks necessary.
- It’s easy and healthy. What I want all of my recipes to be!
So here’s the deal. We’re going to whip up the black bean cowboy caviar which can really qualify as a dip or a salad and can really be eaten either way as well!
CLICK HERE to pin black bean cowboy caviar for later!
How to make Black Bean Cowboy Caviar:
Mix up a quick dressing. (Tip: I love to add dressing ingredients to a small jar and shake until combined!)
While the black bean cowboy caviar flavors are melding together, we’re going to whip up my easy guacamole and then all dinner needs is a few peppers cut and some tortilla chips for lots of scooping.
You’ll love this black bean cowboy caviar – whether it’s for no-cook summer dinner, a salad, or a snack!
Be sure to share your creations with me! Tag me @myeverydaytable or use #myeverydaytable so that I can see what you make!
Black Bean Cowboy Caviar:Print
Black Bean Cowboy Caviar recipe is an easy bean dip, full of plant-based protein and delicious scooped up with pepper and tortilla chips.
- 2 limes (about 4 Tbsp. juice), divided
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. salt and pepper, divided
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 red onion, divided
- 1 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 3 medium avocados
- 2–3 bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange)
- tortilla chips
- In a small jar, combine olive oil, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, vinegar, honey, and 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper. Shake until combined.
- Thaw the corn or microwave in a small bowl for about 1 minute at a time, until it’s thawed.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Mince red onion.
- Chop cilantro
- Combine the corn, black beans in medium bowl and toss together with dressing. Stir in 1/4 cup minced red onion and 1 cup chopped cilantro.
- Set aside in the fridge until dinner, or leave out at room temperature.
- In another medium bowl, combine avocados, remaining 2 Tbsp. lime juice, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Mash with a fork until combined. Stir in remaining red onion and cilantro to taste.
- Cut peppers in wide strips, so you can scoop with them!
- Mini peppers also work well, just cut off the stem and slice in half.
Keywords: black bean cowboy caviar, vegan, plant based