Attention, burger lovers! We’ve got a new and delicious burger for you to try. And this ground turkey burger sliders recipe is it! The turkey is mixed with a few pantry staples that result in a delicious, nutritious, and super easy summer dinner that’s always a big hit. Grab your favorite slider buns and burger toppings and fire up the grill.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What kind of cheese goes well with turkey burgers?
- How do you keep turkey burgers from falling apart?
- What can I use instead of bread crumbs in turkey burgers?
What You’ll Love About Mini Turkey Burger Sliders
- Juicy and delicious turkey burgers
- Delicious and nutritious
- Easy to customize with toppings
- Just 5 minutes prep time
- Just 10 minutes cook time
- Made with just 5 ingredients plus toppings
- Ground turkey – Choose your favorite ground turkey. I recommend using ground turkey with a little fat in it instead of 99% fat free as it will have a lot more flavor and won’t dry out like super lean meat does. You could also use ground chicken.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite mayonnaise. This helps to keep the sliders nice and juicy.
- Ketchup – This adds just a touch of flavor to the sliders, but doesn’t make them taste overly like ketchup. Use your favorite ketchup.
- Worcestershire sauce – This gives the ground turkey sliders great flavor.
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Slider buns – You’ve got options when it comes to slider buns! You can use regular buns in slider size, brioche slider buns, Hawaiian roll slider buns, pretzel slider buns, or any other mini burger buns.
- Burger toppings – Choose your favorite toppings, I recommend a cheese (see options below), some onions (sweet caramelized onions or raw red onion), lettuce, and tomato.
How to Make Ground Turkey Sliders
This is an overview on how to make healthy turkey sliders, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
What kind of cheese goes well with turkey burgers?
There are so many cheese options to pick from! Here are a few favorites:
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Pepper jack
- Havarti (try dill havarti!)
- Gouda cheese
- American cheese or white American
- Blue or gorgonzola
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
How do you keep turkey burgers from falling apart?
A lot of turkey burger sliders recipes are made with a binder like eggs or bread crumbs to help keep them together, but I’ve found you don’t have to use one! Make sure to not overwork the meat as this is a big culprit of burgers falling apart.
What can I use instead of bread crumbs in turkey burgers?
You don’t have to use bread crumbs in your turkey burgers.
Store leftover turkey burgers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat turkey sliders in a hot skillet or air fryer, just until warmed through. Don’t overcook or the burgers will be tough.
Can you freeze turkey burger sliders?
Yes, you have a few freezing options. Freezing raw turkey burger sliders is recommended as it’s easy to overcook them during the thawing/freezing process.
- Raw: Freeze raw patties on a lined sheet pan until frozen solid, then wrap with plastic wrap and transfer to a labeled freezer bag.
- Cooked: Wrap cooked patties in plastic wrap once they have cooled and transfer to a labeled freezer bag.
What to Serve with Turkey Burger Sliders Recipe
This grilled turkey burger recipe is a great main course and needs a simple side or two:
- Frozen french fries
- Sweet potato wedges
- Napa Cabbage Slaw
- Greek Potato Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Best Frozen Broccoli
How to Feed Ground Turkey Sliders to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I would recommend serving this healthy turkey burger sliders recipe as separate components and letting them build their own burger. If you are feeding toddlers, put a small piece of turkey burger on their plate if it’s a new or learning-to-like it food. Serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like fruit, milk, and/or bread and butter if they won’t do the buns.
More Easy Ground Turkey Recipes
If you like this recipe for turkey burger sliders, you might also like these other easy ground turkey recipes:
- Cheesy Ground Turkey Taco Skillet
- Easy Turkey Tostadas
- 15-Minute Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Ground Turkey Stir Fry
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Upgrade your next BBQ (or family dinner!) with our juicy grilled ground turkey burger sliders recipe! These are perfectly seasoned and grilled to perfection.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground turkey, mayonnaise, ketchup, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper, just until combined, being careful to not over mix.
- Divide mixture into 8 sections and shape each section into a patty shape, about 3 inches in diameter. Make an indent in the middle with fingers to help prevent meat from puffing up in the center.
- Heat grill over medium high heat and grill sliders for about 3-4 minutes per side, until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Let burgers rest for at least 5 minutes.
Keywords: turkey burger sliders recipe, turkey burger sliders, ground turkey sliders
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!