The BEST crockpot shredded beef takes just 10 minutes to prep! Once you cook the shredded beef in a crock pot, you can turn it into two different meals: shredded beef tacos and shredded beef sandwiches. Try this crock pot pulled beef recipe for a simple, but delicious weeknight dinner.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Shredded Beef in a Crock Pot
Will you believe me when I say this easy crockpot shredded beef is made with just THREE ingredients?
- Beef chuck roast – Use a high quality beef as the seasonings are simple so the beef can shine
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
How to Make Shredded Beef in Slow Cooker
Are you ready to see just how simple it is to make this shredded beef in a crock pot?
- Season. Season the chuck roast with sea salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Sear. Heat vegetable oil in a hot skillet and sear beef on all sides. You can skip this step, but it adds awesome flavor and texture so I don’t recommend it.
- Cook. Place the seared beef in the slow cooker and cook until it’s tender and shreds easily. No need to add any liquid, the beef has enough fat.
How to Store Leftover Shredded Beef
Store the crock pot shredded beef in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or freeze for 2-3 months.
How to Use Crock Pot Pulled Beef Recipe
I love crock pot shredded beef recipes like this one because they can be used so many different ways and that’s exactly why I kept the seasonings really basic. Once the beef is cooked, it’s perfect for shredded beef sandwiches and shredded beef tacos.
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you like this crock pot pulled beef recipe, you might also like some of these other slow cooker recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes – This simple meal takes just minutes to prep and tastes SO good. Everything cooks together with a rotisserie-inspired seasoning. Serve with a simple green salad or haricot verts.
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken – This warm and flavorful chicken is a great Indian-inspired dish for beginners. It’s also a cook once, eat twice meal so turn the leftovers into butter chicken pizzas.
- Easiest Crock Pot Chicken Salsa – Just TWO ingredients to make this salsa chicken and then you can turn it into baked chicken tacos and cheater chilaquiles.
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin Gyros – Flavorful, tender pork is stuffed into fluffy pitas for a simple, but delicious meal. Just 15 minutes to prep this dinner.
Helpful Tools to Make Crock Pot Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker – This slow cooker is basic, but it does everything you need it to do!
- 12″ Skillet – Before the crockpot shredded beef is cooked in the slow cooker, we’re going to sear it in a hot pan to get a little crust and give it better flavor.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover crockpot shredded beef in a glass container in the refrigerator.
This EASY crockpot shredded beef is made with just 3 ingredients. Then turn this crock pot pulled beef recipe into two different meals.
- Season beef chuck roast with sea salt and black pepper.
Heat oil in large pan and brown chuck roast pieces on all four sides. Do this in batches if your pan isn’t big enough. Brown for about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer meat to slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until beef is tender and shreds easily.
- Use shredded beef chuck roast in shredded beef tacos and beef sandwich melts.
- Use a high-quality beef for best flavor.
Keywords: crockpot shredded beef, shredded beef in a crock pot, crock pot pulled beef recipe