These crock pot shredded beef tacos recipe make an easy and tasty meal! Once the beef is cooked, dinner is on the table in just 20 minutes, making a great weeknight dinner option. The crock pot shredded beef for tacos is stuffed into tortillas and topped with pickled red onions and a zippy lime crema sauce. YUM! Prep the shredded beef in crock pot for tacos before hand and then it turns into two different meals.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Tools to Make Crock Pot Shredded Beef Tacos
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker – The slow cooker does all the heavy lifting in this easy weeknight dinner.
- Chef Knife – Slice those red onions easily with this knife, I can’t live without it!
- Citrus Juicer – This tool will ensure you get every drop of citrus juice out of your limes and lemons.
This crock pot shredded beef tacos recipe takes just 20 min to prep! Use the shredded beef in crock pot for tacos and the rest in sandwiches.
- 4 servings crock pot shredded beef
- 15.5 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 red onion
- white vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 12 oz. flour tortillas
- 10 oz. shredded green cabbage
- Thinly slice 1/2 red onion and place into a bowl and cover with white vinegar.
- Heat up beans (liquid and all!) in a saute pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Reheat crock pot shredded beef in the microwave or a hot skillet until hot.
- Whisk together lime juice, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with a pinch of salt if desired.
- Heat tortillas over a gas stove (carefully!) or in the microwave and top with shredded beef, cabbage, onions, and lime crema sauce. Serve with black beans on the side.
- Find crock pot shredded beef recipe here.
- Be sure to make the shredded beef sandwiches.
Keywords: crock pot shredded beef tacos, shredded beef in crock pot for tacos, crock pot shredded beef for tacos, crock pot shredded beef taco recipe