These crock pot shredded beef sandwiches (or slow cooker shredded beef sandwiches) have layers of tender beef, sautéed veggies (mushrooms, peppers, and onions), and pepper jack cheese that’s all broiled together for a melty, hot sandwich. These sandwiches make a great weeknight dinner, and you’ll love how quickly this recipe for shredded beef sandwiches comes together! Serve crock pot pulled beef sandwiches with some raw veggies and potato chips for a full meal.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Helpful Tools to Make Recipe for Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Chef Knife – This knife makes chopping veggies EASY!
- Nonstick Skillet – Saute up the vegetable layer of these crock pot shredded beef sandwiches in a nonstick skillet.
- Half Sheet Pan – Assemble and broil the crock pot pulled beef sandwiches right on this pan.
Melty crock pot slow cooker shredded beef sandwiches have layers of tender beef, sautéed veg (peppers, onions, + mushrooms), and cheese.
- Prep ingredients.
Dice onion, green pepper, and roughly chop mushrooms.
Turn on broiler.
Lightly warm up leftover chuck roast.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, season veggies with salt and pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Spread mayo onto slice of bread and layer chuck roast over the top. Top with veggie mixture and a slice of pepper jack cheese. Broil until cheese has melted.
- Top with pepperoncinis if desired.
- I made these open-faced, but you could easily add another slice bread on top if desired.
Keywords: crock pot shredded beef sandwiches, shredded beef sandwiches in crock pot, crock pot pulled beef sandwiches, slow cooker shredded beef sandwiches, recipe for shredded beef sandwiches