Cheesy potato casserole with diced potatoes is the best side dish, and a staple at my Easter table! I’m amping up the flavor of this EASY cheesy potato casserole recipe by adding onions and plenty of shredded cheddar cheese.
Cheesy potato casserole with diced potatoes is the best side dish, and a staple at holiday tables! I amped up the flavor, too!
- 40 oz. refrigerated diced potatoes
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup (condensed)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fried onions
- Prep ingredients:
Thaw potatoes if frozen.
Thinly slice green onions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, melted butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Fold in potatoes, green onions, and sharp cheddar cheese. Place mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Top with fried onions and bake covered with foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.