Easy cheesy potato casserole with diced potatoes (aka funeral potatoes) is the BEST side dish, and a staple at holiday tables.
- 40 oz. refrigerated diced potatoes
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup (condensed)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fried onions
- Prep ingredients:
Thaw potatoes if frozen.
Thinly slice green onions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, melted butter, sour cream, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Fold in potatoes, green onions, and sharp cheddar cheese. Place mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Top with fried onions and bake covered with foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- I used Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes, but you could also use the version with onions.
Keywords: potato casserole recipe, cheesy potato casserole, cheesy potato casserole with diced potatoes, cheesy potato recipe, funeral potatoes recipe