When I say easy, I mean easy! This recipe for haricots verts is on the table in just 10 minutes, and made with just TWO ingredients. Sautéed haricots verts are the perfect side for panko baked salmon or grilled chicken drumsticks…you can leave them simply seasoned, or try one of my flavor combos below to add more flavor.
Be sure to tag me when you make it, I love to see your creations! And if you’ve made it, will you please leave it a ⭐️ rating? It helps me out a ton!❤️
What Are Haricot Verts?
Merriam Webster defines haricot vert as a thin green bean.
What’s the Difference Between a Haricot Vert and a Green Bean?
Haricots verts ARE different from green beans and I’ll tell you how they compare. Haricot vert are:
- thinner and longer in shape
- don’t have to be trimmed (this makes them quick and easy!)
- cook quicker
- have a little milder flavor (which may help the veggie-averse)
How to Make Sautéed Haricot Verts:
Let’s get to the important part – how to cook haricots verts! This simple recipe comes together with just two simple ingredients and is ready in 10 minutes, which makes it a great side for any dinner.
- Melt butter in saute pan. Heat butter in pan over medium-high heat until butter foams.
- Saute haricots verts. Season with salt and cook haricots verts for 3 minutes.
TIP: If adding any other seasoning, do so now. (See below for ideas.)
- Steam haricots verts. Add water to pan, cover, and lower heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes for tender crisp, 5-6 minutes for softer haricots verts.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Haricot Verts FAQs:
What is haricot verts in english?
It’s very simple, haricot is bean and vert is green…green beans!
How to pronounce haricot verts?
If French doesn’t come naturally to you (like myself!), this is how to pronounce haricots verts: är-ē-kō-ˈver
How to Store Leftover Haricots Verts:
Store the leftover sautéed haricots verts in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or a hot skillet until heated through.
Haricots Verts Recipe Seasoning Ideas:
This recipe for haricots verts is BASIC, but it’s also a blank canvas for adding your own seasoning flair. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Minced garlic
- Dried dill
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Seasoning salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- Soy sauce + sesame oil
Sautéed Haricots Verts Nutrition + Substitutes:
Each serving of sautéed haricots verts has 86 calories, 6 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 2 grams protein. The rest of the nutrition facts can be found below.
More Easy Dinner Side Recipes:
If you like this recipe for haricot verts, you might also like some of these other easy dinner side recipes:
- Cheesy Potato Casserole – It’s a classic, but I amped up the flavor with a few simple ingredients. It’s a favorite.
- Blue Cheese Coleslaw – A must for anything buffalo – buffalo turkey burgers and buffalo chicken sandwiches included.
- Napa Cabbage Slaw – This 15 minute slaw recipe is perfect with grilled or bbq meat. Just 15 minutes to make.
- Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice – Not rice, but instead, a veggie side with Mexican flavor. It’s perfect with salsa chicken or with slow cooker barbacoa.
- Broiled Asparagus – Another simple veggie side, ready in 10 minutes.
Truly the EASIEST recipe for haricots verts! This sautéed haricots verts recipe takes just 2 ingredients + is on the table in 10 min.
1 lb. haricot verts
2 Tbsp. butter
1/8 tsp. sea salt
Melt butter in large pan over medium high heat. When it sizzles, add in the haricot verts.
Cook for 3 minutes, mostly undisturbed. Let them get a bit dark.
Season with salt and add 1/3 cup water to pan and cover.
Turn down heat to medium low and cook for 3-4 minutes for tender crisp, 5-6 minutes if you want them softer.
Remove cover and cook until all liquid has evaporated. Add more salt to taste if desired.
- See seasoning suggestions above.
Keywords: recipe for haricots verts, sautéed haricots verts, haricot verts recipe