Looking for kielbasa recipes for dinner? You’ve got to try this one! I’m slightly obsessed with this kielbasa and pierogies sheet pan dinner. And I don’t use that term lightly. Yes, the ingredients are beyond simple (only 6 ingredients!) but all together…YUM! Simple ingredients and simple preparation – it’s what I’m all about! Serve your pierogies and kielbasa with a touch of sour cream and some red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
Sheet pan dinners are one of my favorite ways to hack weeknight dinners! And when it comes to cooking kielbasa or other sausages, it’s a quick and easy way to make a balanced meal. We love them in the weeknight dinner club!
How to Make Kielbasa and Pierogies Sheet Pan Dinner
My kielbasa and pierogies sheet pan dinner is a quick and easy kielbasa recipes! It takes just 5 minutes to prep and then 20-25 minutes in the oven. Here’s how we make kielbasa in the oven:
- Slice sausage. Cut the kielbasa on the bias (slant) into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Slice veggies. Cut peppers into 2 inch pieces, and slice onion into half moon shapes.
- Assemble sheet pan. Combine the kielbasa, veggies, and pierogies onto a large sheet pan. You may need to use two sheet pans so that all of the ingredients have enough room. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together.
- Bake kielbasa and pierogies. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. The pierogies will be nice and soft after 20 minutes, but if you prefer them to be slightly browned and crispy, add another 5 minutes.
- Serve baked pierogi recipe! Serve with freshly cracked pepper, red pepper flakes, and sour cream if desired.
What Is Kielbasa?
Polish kielbasa is a polish sausage, typically made with a combination of pork, garlic, and spices and is sometimes made with beef as well.
Wondering how to cook kielbasa? Most of the time it will already be cooked, so it just needs to be heated through and browned for the best flavor.
There are a ton of kielbasa recipes for dinner, as it adds such great flavor to meals. Here, we’re making pierogies and kielbasa along with some vegetables for a quick and complete meal.
How to Store Kielbasa and Pierogies
Easy kielbasa recipes like this one should be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or a hot skillet until heated through.
Nutrition + Substitutes for Pierogi Kielbasa
Here are ideas for ingredient substitutions and a few ways you can add even more nutrition:
- Onions – I prefer white onions, but red or yellow will also work just fine!
- Kielbasa Sausage – You can use turkey kielbasa if you prefer.
- Sauerkraut – Extra veggies and great flavor, highly recommend serving this on the side! Bonus points for raw kraut with probiotics.
- Cauliflower – Add cauliflower florets to the sheet pan meal for extra veggies!
Get Your Kids Involved in Kielbasa Recipes for Dinner
There are so many ways to get your kids involved in cooking this kielbasa dinner:
- Slice peppers. Peppers are a soft enough vegetable that a kids knife will work. Older kids can also slice kielbasa and onions.
- Assemble recipe with pierogies and kielbasa on sheet pan, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
More Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
It’s no secret that I love sheet pan dinners! Most of them take just a few minutes to prep the ingredients and then some time in the oven! It’s easy to include all of the components you need to make one satisfying meal. Here are some more sheet pan dinners to try:
- Baked Gnocchi Sheet Pan Recipe – Yes, it is totally possible to bake gnocchi and it has great texture!
- Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan – Roasted chicken thighs with crispy skin, baked potatoes, and broccoli. Full meal.
- Chicken Sausage & Veggies – Just 6 ingredients to make this satisfying meal.
- Italian One Pan Sausage & Veggies – Yes I love using sausage in one pan meals! This one is great for meal prep and has loads of pizza flavor.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – Cook all the fillings in one easy pan.
Pierogies and kielbasa sheet pan dinner bake all together for the EASIEST dinner! Kielbasa and pierogies takes just 5 min to prep and dinner is ready in 30!
- Prepare Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Slice sausage on the bias.
Cut onion into half moons.
Cut peppers into 2 inch pieces.
- Pile sausage, onion, peppers, and pierogies on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, sour cream, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Prepared pierogies are usually found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
Keywords: pierogies and kielbasa, kielbasa and pierogies, sheet pan dinner