I have the best garbanzo bean salad recipe for you today and I can’t get enough of it! Which is a good thing because between the testing and the recipe shooting and the video shooting, I’ve made this garbanzo bean salad with feta a number of times in the last few weeks. And whether you’re looking for 100+ healthy school lunchbox ideas for your kids, or a meal prep lunch for yourself, I’ve got you covered!
This greek garbanzo bean salad is the kind of meal that can be made once and eaten in a variety of ways. Put it over greens, put it over grains, or put it over sliced cucumbers – my personal favorite. It’s just the kind of meal I appreciate these days because hunger while breastfeeding always hits me quickly, and I need things that can be ready to be devoured in a few minutes. That image of the disheveled mom with crazy hair, leaky boobs, baby in arms, shoveling food into her mouth? Yup, that’s me. HI!
And even if that visual is not YOU, it’s always a good idea to have some nutritious meals ready-to-go when hunger strikes.
With this in the fridge, you can quickly slice up some vegetables and put the salad over top of them – or just eat it as is. It’s delicious either way and even if you don’t add additional vegetables to the garbanzo bean salad, it’s already got a few so you’re covered.
How to Make Garbanzo Bean Salad:
It’s so easy to make this healthy garbanzo bean salad. After we whisk together a quick garabanzo bean salad dressing, we toss together the garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes. Each component adds a hit of flavor. It’s delicious and nutritious!
Are garbanzo beans good for you?
Uhhhh, YES! Garbanzo beans are a really healthy and nutritious food. They are packed with fiber and plant-based protein – both nutrients most of us could use more of! I love including them in my diet as they are so satisfying too!
Are chickpeas the same as garbanzo beans?
This is such a common question! Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the SAME BEAN! To make a really long story (and history!) short, garbanzo is the Spanish term and chickpeas are the English term. Most important to know is that they are the same round, little bean.
What to do with garbanzo beans?
Garbanzo beans are such a versatile bean, which is one of the reasons I love them so much! You can obviously include them in garbanzo bean salad recipes like this one, but they are also great in curries, as a topping to salads, mash them into bean salads reminiscent of tuna or egg salad, and of course, blend them into hummus.
Watch how easy it is to make this garbanzo bean salad below:
Other Lunch Ideas:
- Meal prep chicken with quinoa and broccoli: this is very hands-off and makes for a super-satisfying lunch that can even be frozen for later!
- Easy tuna salad snack plate: classic tuna salad is combined with some fun and nutritious side components for a full meal.
- Healthy Israeli breakfast bento box: the best of an Israeli breakfast in a bento box!
- 10 minute black bean cowboy caviar: another quick salad with beans as the star.
Be sure to tag me (@myeverydaytable or #myeverydaytable) when you make this garbanzo bean salad. I love to see your creations!Print
10 Minute Garbanzo Bean Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
10 Minute Garbanzo Bean Salad is an easy recipe that comes together in minutes with just 7 ingredients! Serve over greens, grains, or all on its own.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1–15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I used ones packed in oil)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve plain, or over greens or grains.
Keywords: garbanzo bean salad, garbanzo bean
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.