Yay for easy chicken parm pasta skillet dinners! This chicken parmesan pasta recipe is comfort food in a bowl (or a plate, depending on how you serve it…).
Take all of the delicious-ness from chicken parmesan, without any of the fussiness. All the flavor with less work? YES.
One pot chicken parmesan pasta recipe is the perfect dinner for quick, easy, and satisfying weeknight meals. Add it to your meal plan asap!
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Pasta:
This chicken parm pasta skillet is EASY! (Of course.) You know I’m all about easy and nutritious, with shortcuts along the way to make weeknight dinners easy, manageable, and less stressful!
In this easy chicken parmesan recipe, there are just a few easy steps:
- Prep the ingredients. I always start my meal plan dinners with the prep for meals. Most meals come together quickly, so it’s helpful to have everything chopped, the pasta water on, etc.
- Next, you’ll heat the olive oil in a large skillet (like, the largest one you have!) and saute the onions and brown the chicken.
- Add the marinara to the skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Stir in mozzarella.
- Brown the bread crumbs.
- Serve! Top pasta with chicken parmesan, breadcrumbs, and parmesan.
What Kind of Pasta Should I Use?
This is easy! You can use any shorter pasta for this chicken parm pasta. I used bow-ties, but penne or fusilli would also work well. With a shorter pasta, it’s easy to get a little piece of everything in every bite. Which is definitely what you want.
This chicken parmesan pasta recipe works well with bow-ties, penne, fusilli, or any other shorter, smaller pasta shape.
What to Serve with Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe:
Most of the meals I make either are created WITH a specific side dish in mind, or a one-pan meal. This chicken parm pasta skillet is more of a one-pan meal that’s perfectly fine to eat allllll on its own.
But, if you want to serve up a side with chicken parmesan over noodles, I would recommend: a green salad, or one of the simple veggie sides below:
- Green Salad – aka greens + salad dressing. Add various veggies if you have time/energy. This chicken parmesan and pasta doesn’t need much!
- Simple Green Salad – This is our “house” salad and it’s soooooo good.
- French Green Beans – One of my favorite side dishes! French green beans, 3 different ways to cook them!
- Roasted Broccoli – Another favorite veggie at our house! Pairs perfectly with this chicken parmesan pasta skillet.
I can’t wait for you to try out this 30 minute chicken parmesan pasta recipe! The whole family will love it and you’ll love how easy it is! 🙂Print
The whole family will love this EASY chicken parmesan pasta recipe. This chicken parm pasta skillet is the best way to make chicken parm in just 30 minutes!
- Prepare ingredients:
Cut chicken into 1″ pieces and season with salt. (Using kitchen shears makes this quick!)
Start boiling pasta water.
- Prepare pasta to al dente, according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in marinara sauce. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a small nonstick pan. Add panko and toast the breadcrumbs for 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Stir mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture.
- Place serving of pasta onto a plate and top with chicken mixture, parmesan cheese, and toasted bread crumbs.
Keywords: chicken parmesan pasta, chicken pasta recipe