The whole family will love this EASY chicken parmesan pasta recipe. This chicken parm pasta skillet is the best way to make chicken parm in just 30 minutes!
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 12 oz. bow-tie pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups marinara sauce (16 oz.)
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepare ingredients:
Cut chicken into 1″ pieces and season with salt. (Using kitchen shears makes this quick!)
Start boiling pasta water.
- Prepare pasta to al dente, according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onions, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and chicken and cook for about 5-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in marinara sauce. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a small nonstick pan. Add panko and toast the breadcrumbs for 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Stir mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture.
- Place serving of pasta onto a plate and top with chicken mixture, parmesan cheese, and toasted bread crumbs.
- Get your kids involved! They can: top their own pasta with breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Panko bread crumbs. Definitely use panko for this recipe and not regular breadcrumbs! They don’t toast up as well. You can find them in the breadcrumb or asian section.
Keywords: chicken parmesan pasta, chicken pasta recipe