You’ll love this EASY sausage lentil soup recipe that cooks in 35 minutes with my soup secret that gives it max flavor in minimum time!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (bulk)
- 1 1/2 cup red lentils (dried)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth (or veggie)
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- grated parmesan cheese
- lemon wedges
- fresh parsley
- olive oil for drizzling
- Prepare ingredients.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottom pan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and Italian sausage to pot and break up with a spoon, cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add lentils to pot and lightly toast. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Pour in marinara sauce and chicken broth, add bay leaf to pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves, stir in spinach, and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and a lemon wedge.
- Get your kids involved! They can: measure out lentils, top their soup.
- Red lentils: These lentils cook faster than a green or brown lentil, so if you use those, you’ll need to cook the soup longer!
Keywords: sausage and lentil soup, sausage and lentil soup recipe, red lentil soup