This Greek yogurt parfait is a quick and healthy, 5-minute breakfast that your kids will love making themselves! Make these yogurt parfait breakfast bowls with just 4 ingredients. These homemade parfaits have nourishing layers of protein-rich Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey, and some crunchy granola. Ideas for how to customize your healthy yogurt parfait below.
Everyone knows the importance of a nourishing and filling breakfast to get your day started on the right foot, and while pressure cooker steel cut oats, banana oatmeal pancakes, and healthy apple muffins are staples, these homemade parfaits are a nice change of pace AND everyone can make their own.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
What You’ll Love about Homemade Parfaits
- Filling and nutritious breakfast
- Contains protein, carbs, fruit, and fiber
- Easy-to-make, takes just a few minutes
- Easily customizable, everyone loves to make their own
Greek Yogurt Parfait Ingredients
This Greek yogurt breakfast parfait is made with just 4 simple ingredients:
- Greek yogurt – I’ve opted for plain Greek yogurt as we’re using honey to sweeten it, but you could also use a flavored Greek yogurt and you may not need an additional honey.
- Fruit – Berries are great in homemade yogurt parfaits, but you can really use any fruit.
- Granola – Use your favorite granola
- Honey – Optional and could also use maple syrup, agave syrup, or any other sweetener.
How to Make a Parfait with Greek Yogurt
Wondering how to layer a parfait? Let’s get to it!
- Layer homemade parfait. In a jar, glass, or bowl, layer the Greek yogurt, fruit, honey (if using), and granola.
TIP: If you want your plain Greek yogurt parfait to have two layers, simply use half of the amounts (listed in the recipe card) and make two layers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Greek yogurt parfaits healthy?
Yes! This healthy parfait recipe will give you energy to start your day, along with protein, fats, whole grains, fiber, and vitamins and nutrients. What’s not to love about that!
What is best yogurt for parfaits?
I prefer this parfait recipe with Greek yogurt as I love the thick texture and extra staying power from the protein, but you can really use whatever kind of yogurt you prefer.
What is the best granola for parfait?
Whatever kind you like! There are plenty of granola options out there, so you can make your own or buy it to save time.
What kind of fruit should I use in my homemade parfait?
You can really use any fruit! Berries are a juicy, beautiful, and colorful addition, but here are a few other ideas:
- Diced apples or pears (also good sautéed with cinnamon!)
- Sliced peaches, plums, nectarines
- Diced mango, pineapple, or guava fruit
- Diced watermelon or cantaloupe
You can make the fruit and yogurt parfait with granola up to a day ahead or the night before. Don’t add the granola until right before serving, or it will get soggy.
How to Serve Yogurt Parfait Breakfast to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Serve this as a build your own yogurt parfait breakfast for the kids, everyone will love to make their own and then everyone can make it to their own personal tastes.
Younger kids may not want everything mixed, so you could serve the components separately.
Substitutes + Nutrition
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Dairy-free – Use your favorite dairy-free yogurt.
- Gluten-free – Use a gluten-free granola.
- More filling – Add some chopped nuts to add in some more protein and fat to the fruit and granola parfait.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you like this easy yogurt parfait recipe, you may also like these other easy breakfast recipes:
These HEALTHY Greek yogurt parfaits are a quick and nutritious breakfast that’s ready in just a few minutes and 4 ingredients!
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cups fresh berries
- 1 1/3 cup granola
- drizzle of honey
- If you want two layers in your homemade parfait, layer in the following order: 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit, 2 1/2 tablespoons granola. Repeat with another layer of each ingredient.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve a DIY yogurt parfait bar by putting out a variety of yogurts, along with a variety of toppings and let everyone make their own.
Keywords: Greek yogurt parfait, homemade parfait, healthy yogurt parfait, yogurt parfait breakfast