Once you learn how to make a lavender latte at home, you’ll definitely feel like your very own barista. Not only is this lavender latte recipe made with just a few simple ingredients (very similar to my dirty chai latte, iced matcha latte, and sweet cream cold foam), but it also takes just a few minutes to make. Oh, and perhaps most importantly, it’s BEYOND delicious. Slightly floral, slightly sweet – the flavors work so well together. Here’s how to make a classic latte.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
What You’ll Love About this Lavender Latte
- Light lavender and floral flavor
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Takes just a few minutes to make
- Upscale coffee shop drink – at home
- Lots of options for variations
Lavender Latte Ingredients
This homemade lavender latte is made with just 3 simple ingredients:
- Espresso – Brew your own espresso with an espresso machine (I use my nespresso machine) or use strong coffee.
- Milk – I’ve used whole milk here, but I have a list of other alternate milk options below.
- Lavender syrup – I’ll show you how to make your own lavender syrup (just 3 ingredients) or you can buy your own.
How to Make a Lavender Latte
Making this latte is beyond easy:
- Prep ingredients. Add lavender syrup into to mug. Froth milk with milk frother or steam wand.
TIP: If you don’t have a milk frother, you can simmer milk and blend to give it a frothy consistency.
- Make latte. Pour hot milk into mug and stir together with syrup. Pour espresso over milk and serve.
TIP: For a small latte with 1-2 shots espresso and 1 cup milk, I used 1 tablespoon of the lavender syrup, but add more or less according to your own preference.
How to Make Lavender Syrup
Here’s how to make the lavender syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dried lavender flowers (culinary-grade lavender buds)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (totally optional, but gives a great lavender vanilla flavor)
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in lavender flowers and let cool.
- Strain out lavender flowers with mesh strainer (I used a coffee filter) and your lavender simple syrup ready to use.
How to use
You’ll obviously love this lavender syrup for latte drinks, but you can also use it in place of the vanilla syrup in this sweet cream cold foam for a lavender cold foam (YUM!) as well as use in cocktails, mock-tails, or lemonade.
How to store
Store the syrup in the refrigerator for about a month.
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this meal:
- Lavender Oat Milk Latte – Swap out the milk for your favorite oat milk (barista blend if it’s available). You can also use almond, coconut, or soy milk. Barista blend milks will work better as they are designed to froth similarly to cow’s milk.
- Iced Lavender Latte – Iced lattes are made almost the same but we’re putting everything over ice. Brew a shot of espresso over ice or use cold brew and stir in lavender syrup with milk to taste.
- Honey Lavender Latte – You can also make a honey lavender syrup with honey instead of white sugar. It’s made with a 1:1 water to honey ratio.
More Coffee Recipes
If you like this lavender latte recipe, you might also like some of these other coffee recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Lavender Latte at Home
- Nespresso – This is the easiest way to make high quality espresso at home.
- Electric Milk Steamer – You’ll use this steamer for steamed milk, cold foam, and more. (And you can even set how much foam you want so you can make any type of drink with the press of a button.)
- Lavender Flowers – Use these flowers to make the lavender syrup.
Learn how to make a lavender latte at home! This lavender latte recipe takes just a few minutes + 3 ingredients.
- 1–2 shots espresso
- 6 oz. steamed milk
- 1/2–1 oz. lavender syrup (1-2 tablespoons)
- Pour lavender syrup into mug.
- Froth milk.
- Brew espresso.
- Pour brewed espresso over lavender syrup and gently stir.
- Pour steamed milk into mug and top with foam.
- Nutrition facts are for: 1 shot espresso, 8 oz. whole milk, 1/2 oz. (1 tablespoon) lavender syrup
- You can also buy lavender syrup here
Keywords: lavender latte, lavender latte recipe, how to make a lavender latte
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Photo Credit: All photos in this post were take by Loren at Sweet Rustic Bakes