Are you wondering about Starbucks drinks for kids? There are just as many options for kids as there are adults! I’ve rounded up the best kids drinks at Starbucks so you have a mega-list to reference the next time you’re ordering some bevvies. The kid-friendly Starbucks drinks are caffeine-free and some are lower in sugar or no-sugar added. Plus, we’ll go over one item that is a popular kid drink that actually has caffeine – it might surprise you!
While this post is focused on drinks for kids at Starbucks, I also have a few copycat Starbucks recipes that you may want to try at home: sweet cream cold foam, double shot iced espresso, iced PSL, and tomato mozzarella panini.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What Starbucks drinks are kid-friendly?
- Criteria for Kids Drinks at Starbucks
- Best Kids Starbucks Drinks
- 31 Kid-Friendly Starbucks Drinks (All Caffeine-Free)
- No Sugar Added Kid-Friendly Starbucks Drinks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PRO Tips for Starbucks Kids Drinks
- Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- More Kid-Friendly Recipes
- I want to hear from YOU!
What Starbucks drinks are kid-friendly?
If you’re wondering ‘what can a kid drink at Starbucks?‘ – you’ve come to the right spot! I’ve got a list of the best Starbucks drinks for kids and there are plenty of options.
Criteria for Kids Drinks at Starbucks
There honestly isn’t a TON of criteria for kid-friendly drinks. The biggest one is caffeine, as many of us don’t want our young kids consuming caffeine.
I’ll also share some low/no-sugar options for the little kids, as I know a lot of parents are looking for them.
Best Kids Starbucks Drinks
- Steamers – You can get plain steamed milk (a great option for the youngest sippers) or steamed milk with a syrup, which will give it a sweeter flavor. There is a vanilla and cinnamon on the menu, but you could also customize it with any of the syrups.
- Juices – There are two warm juice options – steamed apple juice (100% juice) and caramel apple spice (apple juice, cinnamon syrup, whipped cream, and caramel drizzle).
- Hot Cocoa – Starbucks has two hot chocolates: a classic version and a white hot chocolate. (Note: I mention this below, but classic hot chocolate has caffeine, the white hot chocolate has 0mg caffeine.)
- Tea – The Chai, black, and green teas will all have caffeine, the only caffeine-free options are mint majesty or peach tranquility.
- Frappuccinos – There are coffee Frappuccinos and Crème Frappuccinos. Most of the creme Frappuccinos will not have caffeine, with the exception of the chai and matcha versions.
- Cold Drinks – I have no reason to think this…but were these refreshers designed for tweens and teens?! There are a number of fun (often brightly colored) drinks like dragon drink, paradise drink, strawberry acai lemonade, and of course, the pink drink, among other flavor combinations. You can also create your own blend and combination.
- Juice Drinks – There are a few – lemonade and blended strawberry lemonade.
- Iced Tea – There are a number of iced teas on the menu – any of the black, green, or chai teas will have caffeine. The Iced Passion Tango tea is unsweetened, but you can also get the Iced Passion Tango tea lemonade, which will have sweet and tart lemonade flavor.
- Bottled Drinks – There are also a number of bottled drinks that are suitable for kids at Starbucks. Try the bottled juice, juice boxes, cartons of milk, or sparkling water.
31 Kid-Friendly Starbucks Drinks (All Caffeine-Free)
- Steamed Milk
- Vanilla Crème Steamer
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème Steamer
- Steamer + Any Flavor Syrup
- White Hot Chocolate
- Caramel Apple Spice
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Chocolate Cookie Crumble Crème Frappuccino
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino
- Strawberry Crème Frappuccino
- Double Chocolaty Chip Crème Frappuccino
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino
- Dragon Drink Refresher
- Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
- Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Refresher
- Paradise Drink Refresher
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade Refresher
- Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher
- Pineapple Passionfruit Lemonade Refresher
- Pink Drink
- Strawberry Acai Refresher
- Iced Strawberry Milk – AKA milk and strawberry puree
- Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk – Hold the espresso!
- Purple Drink – Passion tea, soy milk, vanilla syrup with real blueberries and blackberries
- Blended Juice – The baristas may not love this request, but apparently you can have them blend up any juice with ice.
- Smoothie – Strawberry or Orange Mango and made with a banana!
- Iced Passion Tango Tea
- Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade
No Sugar Added Kid-Friendly Starbucks Drinks
- Plain Milk Steamer
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Mint Majesty Tea – You could make these into a steamer or latte
- Peach Tranquility Tea – You could make these into a steamer or latte
- Iced Strawberry Milk – CHECK THE SUGAR!
- Iced Passion Tango Tea
- Apple juice
- Cold milk
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Starbucks have drinks for toddlers?
As a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor who has a degree in Nutrition, we have no off-limit foods. But when it comes to drinks for toddlers, I’d keep it to the plain milk steamer or steamed apple juice if you can.
And if you can’t, don’t make it a big deal. 🙂
Does hot cocoa at Starbucks have caffeine?
Yes, hot chocolate has caffeine in it. A 16-oz hot cocoa at Starbucks has 25 mg of caffeine in it.
The Starbucks white hot chocolate doesn’t have any caffeine in it.
PRO Tips for Starbucks Kids Drinks
- SIZE. Instead of the standard grande, order a tall (12 ounces), short (8 ounces), or even a Demi (3 ounces for tiny kids!). And if you do order a larger drink, don’t be alarmed if your child isn’t hungry for their next meal. The grande size of many drinks can be quite filling.
- LESS SUGAR. For any of the drinks that have flavored syrups, you can customize the amount of pumps and add less of the sweetener.
Starbucks Copycat Recipes
If you love Starbucks, you’ll want to check out some of these Starbucks copycat recipes:
More Kid-Friendly Recipes
If you like this Starbucks drinks for kids, you might also like some of these other kid-friendly recipes:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Mini Frittata Egg Bites
- Peanut Butter Toast Toppings
- Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas
I want to hear from YOU!
What drinks do you order for your kids? Leave a comment below and let me know your favorites or any secret menu items you’ve tried.
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.