English muffin pizzas are a fantastic option for an easy dinner, especially on a busy weeknight when you’re short on time or need to get something on the table quickly. This fun and simple meal can be enjoyed by everyone in the family, and the best part is that you can get your kids involved in making them.
When I say you can get your kids involved, I mean even little kids! Just like my naan bread pizzas and tortilla pizzas, even toddlers can spread the pizza sauce on the english muffin, then sprinkle with their desired toppings. Older kids can do the same as well as help pull together a salad, set the table, etc. The next time you’re looking for a fun and easy meal, snack, or lunchbox item, give English muffin pizzas a try!
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
- What You'll Love About English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Mini Pizzas
- How to Feed Mini Pizzas to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Pizza Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- Quick and easy dinner
- Made with simple ingredients
- Fun for everyone to make their own and endless variations
- Great way to use up bits of cheese, olives, and veggies
- Nutritious and balanced meal
- Just 10 minutes prep time
- Just 18 minutes total time
- English muffins – Use your favorite english muffins – white, whole wheat, sprouted, or sourdough will all work.
- Pizza sauce – Use your favorite pizza sauce – store bought or homemade pizza sauce or even marinara sauce or tomato sauce. You can also switch it up and use alfredo sauce, bbq sauce, or a peanut sauce.
- Cheese – I recommend shredded mozzarella cheese to keep things easy and classic, but you can really use any type of shredded cheese that melts well or even fresh mozzarella. (Pat that dry before putting it on pizza)
- Toppings – Get out your favorite pizza toppings: bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, chopped spinach, pineapple, pepperoni slices, sausage, ham, bacon, chicken, olives, etc. (If you want a huge list of more than 55 toppings, check out my naan pizza post).
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
This is an overview on how to make english muffin pizzas, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Can you make english muffin pizzas in the air fryer?
Yes, to make air fryer english muffin pizzas, simply assemble mini pizzas and place into air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees F for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
Are english muffin pizzas healthy?
Yes, this simple meal includes carbs, protein, produce, and flavor! Serve with a salad or veggie on the side to add even more veggies in (ideas below).
Store english muffin pizzas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat pizzas in a 350 degree F oven until hot.
Can you freeze english muffin pizzas?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze these english muffin pizzas. Assemble mini pizzas on a tray that will fit in the freezer, add sauce, and gently press toppings down into sauce. Cover tray with plastic wrap or tin foil and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Transfer pizzas to freezer bag and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
What to Serve with Mini Pizzas
I like to serve these mini pizzas with a simple salad or easy veggie:
How to Feed Mini Pizzas to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I would recommend letting kids make their own pizza (and maybe they decide to have theirs deconstructed). Serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like fruit, milk, and/or bread and butter if they don’t do english muffins.
More Pizza Recipes
If you like pizzas as much as we do, you night also like some of these other pizza-inspired recipes:
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Get your kids to help with these easy and simple english muffin pizzas! Delicious and nutritious, this yummy meal comes together in minutes.
- 4 English muffins, split in half
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 oz. pepperoni, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Top one half of the English muffin with pizza sauce (about 1 1/2 tablespoons per muffin), shredded cheese and desired toppings. Repeat with the other side of the English muffins.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Make these pizzas in bulk and freeze them. Assemble muffins on a tray that will fit in the freezer, add sauce, and gently press toppings down into sauce. Cover tray with plastic wrap or tin foil and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Transfer pizzas to freezer bag and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
Keywords: english muffin pizza, mini pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!