Ok, so this garlic bread pizza recipe has a lot going for it. It’s incredibly easy and fast (it’s an activity meal after all for the Weeknight Dinner Club and those must be 15 minutes or less!); it’s made with just three ingredients; and it’s SO YUMMY! Instead of using pizza dough, we’re topping garlic toast for lots of garlic flavor AND classic pizza flavors. Serve this pizza garlic bread alongside a 5-minute chickpea chopped salad or lemon arugula salad for a full, balanced meal.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Pizza Garlic Bread
- How to Make a Garlic Bread Pizza
- Topping Ideas
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Garlic Bread Pizzas to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Garlic Bread Pizza Recipe
- More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
What You’ll Love About Pizza Garlic Bread
- Just 5 minutes prep time
- Ready in 15 minutes total time
- Tastes SO good
- Easy to customize
- Made with just 3 ingredients
- Family friendly meal
This recipe for garlic toast pizza requires just a few ingredients:
- Frozen garlic bread – Look for larger, garlic Texas Toast pieces as they’ll have more room for toppings. If you prefer to make your own garlic bread, use a slice of French bread smeared with garlic butter either made with fresh garlic or garlic powder. You can also make similar english muffin pizzas or tortilla pizzas.
- Pizza sauce – Use your favorite pizza sauce – both jarred or homemade will work well.
- Cheese – I’ve used a shredded mozzarella cheese for classic pizza flavor, but you could also use your favorite cheese varieties – as long as they melt!
- Toppings (optional) – See below for a list of garlic pizza bread topping ideas
How to Make a Garlic Bread Pizza
This pizza on garlic bread takes just a few minutes to prep. Here’s how we make it. (Air fryer garlic bread pizza instructions can be found below and in recipe card.)
- Prep. Preheat oven and assemble your your pizzas by spreading frozen garlic bread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas. Bake pizza until cheese is melty and golden brown.
How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Bread Pizza
You can also easily make this garlic bread pizza in the air fryer! It will cook even faster, but also will only fit 2-4 pieces at a time, depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
After you assemble your pizzas, air fry at 380 degrees for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and melty.
We tend to keep these on the simple side, but you can absolutely add any of your favorite pizza toppings to these garlic pizza melts. I’m sharing a shorter list below. Want more? Visit my naan pizzas post for a full list of more than 55 pizza topping ideas.
- Diced bell peppers
- Diced onions
- Black olives
- Fresh basil
- Ham and pineapple
- Pesto and parmesan cheese
- Cooked sausage
This garlic bread pizza recipe is best served immediately, but store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat pizzas in a 350 degree F oven or in the air fryer for a few minutes.
How to Serve Garlic Bread Pizzas to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
I love letting everyone make their own pizzas, which is helpful so that everyone can customize according to their preferences. And you can always serve it with a few foods you know your kids will like if they might not be into the pizzas.
What to Serve with Garlic Bread Pizza Recipe
Serve this homemade pizza on garlic bread with a simple salad or veggie side:
- 5-Minute Chopped Salad
- Lemon Parmesan Arugula Salad
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
If you like this frozen garlic bread pizza, you might also like some of these other easy weeknight dinner recipes:
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
This garlic bread pizza recipe has a lot going for it. It’s ready in 15 min, made with just 3 ingredients; and it’s SO YUMMY!
- 8 slices Texas Toast garlic bread
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Assemble garlic toast pizzas. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over garlic toast and top with 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until cheese starts to melt. Finish under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS: After you assemble your pizzas, air fry at 380 degrees for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and melty.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate.
Keywords: garlic bread pizza, garlic bread pizza recipe, pizza garlic bread
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!