This easy casserole is loaded with pizza flavors and nutritious ingredients like quinoa, chicken, and veggies. Make up a batch of the slow cooker quinoa and chicken first, then use it in this casserole and quinoa enchilada cups.Print
This easy casserole is loaded with pizza flavors and nutritious ingredients like quinoa, chicken, and veggies.
- remaining chicken and quinoa mixture
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 oz. pepperoni (or more!)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 oz. marinara sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. can black olives (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare ingredients:
Dice green pepper.
Rough chop mushrooms.
Rough chop 1/2 of the pepperoni.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers to pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add chicken and quinoa mix to a large bowl. Add sautéed veggies, marinara sauce, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, and the chopped pepperoni and stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased pan, 11×13 inches (or close to this size!). Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, remaining pepperoni, olives if you’re using them, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melty and golden brown.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.
Keywords: pizza quinoa casserole