The whole family loves naan pizza bread nights! We’re taking a big shortcut (no need to make crust!) with naan pizza crust, then all you need to do is bake them for a few minutes, top them with whatever pizza toppings you like, and bake them for another few minutes. That’s it! Serve mini naan pizzas with a simple green salad or my 5-minute chickpea chopped salad or chopped Italian salad for a full meal. Let everyone top their own naan pizzas for a customizable dinner, it’s a great way to get young (and old!) kids involved.
So just how easy are these easy naan pizzas? Bake, top, bake. And dinner is done in 10 minutes. Using naan bread for pizza crusts is a great use for them, because they just simplify the pizza-making process! They don’t need to be baked for a long time before topping and they are the perfect consistency.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- Why Customizable Meals are so Great
- Naan Pizza Ingredients
- How to Make Easy Naan Pizzas
- Topping Ideas for Naan Pizza Bread
- Naan Pizza Bread FAQs
- How to Store Leftover Mini Naan Pizzas
- Easy Naan Pizzas on Twin Cities Live
- More Naan Bread Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Mini Naan Pizzas
This naan pizza bread recipe was originally published in July 2018 and updated in April 2021 to include a recipe video and more details + topping ideas.
Why Customizable Meals are so Great
I love having meals that are customizable, because it just allows everyone to create their own personal meal and I think this is beneficial for a few reasons:
- It allows for creativity in the kitchen. This is an important skill to learn, and topping pizza is a fun and delicious way to learn it. Try out different topping combinations, sauces, cheeses, veggies, etc.
- No separate meals. You know I believe in one family meal, but this is a great way to accommodate kids or family members who may not love every food (YET!). (If you want to read more about my philosophies when it comes to feeding kids, click here!)
- It gets everyone involved in meal time. Ultimately, we want to empower our families to cook, and to be involved in the meals that come across the table. This skill comes from experimenting and creating in the kitchen. (And don’t forget, everyone has kitchen fails!)
Naan Pizza Ingredients
Once you have decided on your naan pizza recipe ideas, you’ll need just a few ingredients:
- Naan bread – Can’t make naan pizza bread without the naan! You can use mini or regular sized.
- Toppings – See my list of topping ideas below.
- Sides – Serve the mini naan pizzas with a simple side salad like chickpea salad with feta, easy Italian chopped salad, or 5-minute chickpea chopped salad.
How to Make Easy Naan Pizzas
Using naan as pizza crust makes this dinner come together in just 10 minutes! Here’s how to make it:
- Prep. Bake naan bread for a few minutes.
- Top. I like to put out a few topping ideas and let everyone top their own. Even young toddlers can top their own!
- Bake. Bake mini naan pizzas for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Topping Ideas for Naan Pizza Bread
Here are a few easy naan pizza topping ideas to get you started, but branch out, experiment, and get creative!
- Basic: red pizza sauce + mozzarella + green peppers + mushrooms + pepperoni
- Pesto: basil pesto sauce + mozzarella + basil leaves
- Margherita: red pizza sauce + mozzarella + basil leaves + drizzle of olive oil
- Taco: leftover taco meat (beef or chicken) + cheddar + red onions
- Flatbread: drizzle of olive oil for sauce + chopped arugula + prosciutto + burrata cheese
Naan Pizza Bread FAQs
Can you make vegetarian naan pizza?
Yes, you can make vegetarian naan pizza by topping with vegetarian-friendly toppings. It’s also why I like to put out a variety of toppings – everyone can make the pizzas to their preference.
Can you make vegan naan pizza?
Many naan bread varieties are made with buttermilk and ghee, which would be vegetarian, but not vegan. Check the packages though, some versions aren’t made in the traditional way and don’t contain dairy.
How to Store Leftover Mini Naan Pizzas
Store leftover pizzas in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in a 375 degrees F oven for best results. Microwaving will result in a mushy naan pizza!
Easy Naan Pizzas on Twin Cities Live
I stopped by Twin Cities Live a few years back to show you just how versatile these mini naan pizzas are. Watch the segment below:
More Naan Bread Recipes
I clearly love naan bread and there are no shortage of them showing up on myeverydaytable.com! Here are a few others to try:
- Naan Butter Chicken Pizza – Use leftover slow cooker butter chicken on naan bread and cheese for a quick and flavorful meal.
- Naan Everything Chicken Melts – Naan bread is topped with sliced chicken, cheese, tomato, and everything bagel seasoning.
- Naan Cheese Melts – This quick 5-minute meal can be eaten any time of day. Top with a fried egg for a complete meal.
Helpful Tools to Make Mini Naan Pizzas
- Half Sheet Pan – After everyone tops their naan bread pizzas, bake them on the sheet pan.
- Chef Knife – The BEST knife I’ve ever used.
- Flaky sea salt – Sprinkle a little salt over the top of the pizzas to taste.
Tell me, what are you going to top your easy naan pizzas with?Print
EASY mini naan pizzas (+5 topping ideas!) are perfect for the whole family because everyone can make their own naan pizza bread creations!
- 4–8 pieces of naan bread, depending on size
- 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 8 oz. ball fresh mozzarella
- 3/4 oz. (small package) fresh basil
- other toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare ingredients:
Cheese: if using a fresh mozzarella ball, cut into small pieces, about 1″ big. If using shredded mozzarella, it’s ready to go!
Basil: wash and gently dry.
- Bake naan, directly on oven rack for 2-4 minutes, until lightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and place on a baking sheet. Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and basil.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- See list of naan bread pizza toppings above.
- Serve with chickpea chopped salad or Italian chopped salad for an easy side.
Keywords: mini naan pizza, naan bread pizza, naan pizza dough