The whole family loves naan pizza bread nights! We’re taking a big shortcut (no need to make pizza dough!) with naan pizza crust, then all you need to do is bake them for a few minutes, top them with whatever pizza toppings you like, and bake them for another few minutes. That’s it! Serve mini naan pizzas with a simple green salad or 5-minute chickpea chopped salad or frozen broccoli for a full meal. Let everyone top their own naan pizzas for a customizable dinner, it’s a great way to get young (and old!) kids involved. You can also do this with tortillas or English muffins, too!
So just how easy are these easy naan pizzas? Bake, top, bake. And your homemade pizza is done in 10 minutes. Using fluffy naan bread for pizza crusts is a great use for them, because they just simplify the pizza-making process! They don’t need to be baked for a long time before topping and they are the perfect consistency. SO much better than frozen pizza. (Garlic bread pizza is also ridiculously easy and delicious!) And if this is sounding like your kind of dinner, give my buffalo chicken flatbread and butter chicken Indian pizza a try next – both of these pizza recipes use naan as a crust.
Estimated reading time: 10 minutes
- What You'll Love About Mini Naan Pizzas
- Ingredients to Make Naan Pizzas
- How to Make Naan Pizzas
- 7 Naan Pizza Ideas
- 55 Best Topping Ideas for Naan Pizza Bread
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Mini Naan Pizzas
- How to Feed Naan Pizza Breads to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
- Easy Naan Pizzas on Twin Cities Live
What You’ll Love About Mini Naan Pizzas
- 10-minute dinner
- Made with simple ingredients
- Gets everyone involved in dinner
- So easy your toddler can make their own
- Customizable, which is great for one family meal
- An easy way to enjoy homemade pizza
Ingredients to Make Naan Pizzas
- Naan bread – Can’t make naan pizza bread without the naan! You can use mini or regular sized; garlic or whole wheat. Choose your favorite.
- Toppings – See my list of pizza toppings below. Of course you can come up with your own ideas as well. I love to put out a variety of toppings and let everyone build their own.
- Sides – Serve the mini naan pizzas with a simple side salad like frozen broccoli, hariocot verts, or 5-minute chickpea chopped salad.
How to Make Naan Pizzas
This is an overview on how to make naan pizzas, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
7 Naan Pizza Ideas
Here are a few easy naan pizza topping ideas to get you started, but branch out, experiment, and get creative!
- Supreme: red pizza sauce + mozzarella cheese + green or red peppers + mushrooms + pepperoni + sausage
- Pesto: basil pesto sauce + mozzarella cheese + basil leaves + parmesan cheese + red pepper flakes
- Margherita pizza: red pizza sauce + fresh mozzarella + fresh basil leaves + drizzle of olive oil
- Taco: leftover ground beef taco meat (or chicken) + cheddar + red onions
- Flatbread: drizzle of olive oil for sauce + chopped arugula + prosciutto + burrata cheese
- Butter Chicken Indian Flatbread: First make slow cooker butter chicken, then turn it into Indian naan pizza
- Hawaiian: red pizza sauce + ham + mozzarella cheese + pineapple
Can you make vegetarian naan pizza?
Yes, you can make veggie naan pizza by topping with vegetarian-friendly toppings. It’s also why I like to put out a variety of toppings – everyone can make the pizzas to their preference. Put out extra vegetables like cherry tomatoes, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes, olives, and extra cheese.
Can you make vegan naan pizza?
Many naan bread varieties are made with buttermilk and ghee, which would be vegetarian, but not vegan. Check the packages though, some versions aren’t made in the traditional way and don’t contain dairy.
55 Best Topping Ideas for Naan Pizza Bread
You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings, but here are a ton of ideas to get you started. It’s a great way to use up odds and ends that won’t last much longer in the fridge, but you can also head to your nearest salad bar and get a variety of veggie and cheese toppings, without needing to buy whole ingredients and minimizing the prep.
Veggies (and Fruits!):
- Green peppers
- Caramelized onions
- Green onion
- Artichoke hearts
- Green olives
- Black olives
- Kalamata olives
- Roasted red peppers
- Banana peppers
- Giardiniera vegetables
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh mozzarella
- Goat cheese
- Feta cheese
- Blue cheese
- Cotija cheese
Store leftover naan bread pizza in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat in a 375 degrees F oven for best results. Microwaving will result in a mushy naan pizza!
Can you freeze homemade naan pizzas?
Yes, you can also freeze naan pizzas (and it will make a super easy dinner on some busy night!). Simply top and freeze on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to freezer bag.
What to Serve with Mini Naan Pizzas
These easy homemade pizzas need a simple side dish:
- Lemon Arugula Salad
- 5-Minute Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Haricots Verts
How to Feed Naan Pizza Breads to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I love having meals that are customizable, because it just allows everyone to create their own personal meal and I think this is beneficial for a few reasons:
- It allows for creativity in the kitchen. This is an important skill to learn, and topping pizza is a fun and delicious way to learn it. Try out different topping combinations, sauces, cheeses, veggies, etc.
- No separate meals. You know I believe in one family meal, but this is a great way to accommodate kids or family members who may not love every food (YET!). (If you want to read more about my philosophies when it comes to feeding kids, click here!)
- It gets everyone involved in meal time. Ultimately, we want to empower our families to cook, and to be involved in the meals that come across the table. This skill comes from experimenting and creating in the kitchen. (And don’t forget, everyone has kitchen fails!)
As always, serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like fruit, milk, and/or bread and butter.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
I clearly love naan bread and there are no shortage of them showing up on myeverydaytable.com! Here are a few others to try:
- Meatball Sliders
- Steak Quesadillas
- Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Ground Pork Stir Fry
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Easy Naan Pizzas on Twin Cities Live
I stopped by Twin Cities Live a few years back to show you just how versatile these mini naan pizzas are. Watch the segment below:Print
EASY mini naan pizzas are perfect for the whole family because everyone can make their own naan pizza bread creations!
- 4–8 pieces of naan bread, depending on size
- 8 oz. favorite pizza sauce
- 8 oz. ball fresh mozzarella or shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh toppings as desired (see list above for tons of ideas).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep ingredients:
Cheese: if using a fresh mozzarella ball, cut into small pieces, about 1″ big. If using shredded mozzarella, it’s ready to go!
- Bake naan, directly on oven rack for 2-4 minutes, until lightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and place on a baking sheet. Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes until golden brown and cheese has melted.
Keywords: mini naan pizza, naan bread pizza, naan pizza dough
Food styling and photography by Loren Runion.
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!