Ever have those nights when you need a quick dinner and have nothing in the fridge? This tortilla pizza recipe is just what you need! This easy recipe takes just 15 minutes to make and can be made with simple ingredients (no pizza dough needed!) that you probably have lying around in the fridge. It’s a great way to use up random odds and ends and can be made as basic or fancy as you want!
Like my naan pizzas, english muffin pizzas, AND garlic bread pizza, this is a fantastic meal to put out toppings and let your whole family top their own crust. Like any DIY meal, having everyone pitch in is fun and helpful. If you love pizzas, be sure to try my buffalo chicken flatbread, butter chicken pizza, or chicken bacon ranch pizza next time.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What You'll Love About Tortilla Pizzas
- Tortilla Pizza VIDEO
- How to Make Tortilla Pizzas
- Homemade Tortilla Pizza Topping Ideas
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Tortilla Pizzas
- How to Feed Tortilla Pizza Recipe to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Tortilla Pizzas
- Ready in 15 minutes
- EASY weeknight meal
- Made with simple ingredients
- Great meal to let everyone make on their own
- Just 5 minutes prep time
- Just 10 minutes cook time
Tortilla Pizza VIDEO
- Tortillas – I prefer to use flour tortillas (burrito size) but you can also use sprouted or whole wheat tortillas.
- Sauce – Use pizza sauce, tomato sauce, marinara sauce, pesto sauce, bbq sauce, olive oil, or any other spread you find in your fridge.
- Cheese – Mozzarella cheese is a pizza classic, but you can also use feta, parmesan cheese, cheddar, blue…basically anything goes.
- Toppings – See my list of toppings below, but anything goes here too!
How to Make Tortilla Pizzas
This is an overview on how to make a pizza with a tortilla, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
Homemade Tortilla Pizza Topping Ideas
Now that you know how to use tortillas as pizza crust, it’s time to talk toppings! I have a BIG shortcut for you, that you’ll want to take advantage of.
First, check your fridge. This tortilla pizza recipe is a great way to use up almost-bad veggies. As well as small chunks of cheese, or the end of the bag of cheese or that random sauce in the back of the fridge. If you need some more toppings, stop by the salad bar at your local grocery store. This way, all of the ingredients and toppings are already chopped and ready to go and you don’t have to buy everything separately. WIN-WIN.
Here are some of my favorite pizza toppings:
- Green peppers or any bell peppers
- Red onion or white onion
- Greens like spinach or arugula
- Artichoke hearts
- Fresh basil
- Roasted grape tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheese – See above, but anything goes
- Meat – Pepperoni, sausage, prosciutto, salami, ham or any other protein like chicken for a bbq chicken pizza
- Spreads – Have a random artichoke spread or mushroom pate in the fridge? Put it on pizza!
Are tortillas healthier than pizza crust?
They are not necessarily more nutritious, but they are probably a little bit less calories than a traditional pizza crust. I like them as I love a super thin crust with a lot of toppings, which is easy to achieve with these. But I think the real benefit is that it’s just really easy and you don’t have to deal with the crust. You can really make a meal out of minimal ingredients.
What is a tortilla pizza made of?
A tortilla pizza is made up of a tortilla for the crust, and then it’s topped with a variety of spreads or sauces and topped with your favorite pizza toppings. It’s just like a regular pizza but with a super thin crust.
These pizzas are best eaten fresh. But you can store any leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat tortilla pizzas in a 375 degree F oven.
Can you freeze tortilla pizzas?
You could freeze the tortilla pizza, but because they are made so quickly, I would recommend making them fresh.
What to Serve with Tortilla Pizzas
Serve this pizza on a tortilla recipe with a simple veggie side:
How to Feed Tortilla Pizza Recipe to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
This is a great meal to let the kids get involved with! After you toast the crust, let them spread on the pizza sauce and add their toppings. They’ll love it AND get to practice some cooking skills. Serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like fruit, milk, and/or bread and butter if they aren’t pizza fans – yet!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you like this flour tortilla pizza, you might also like some of these other easy dinner recipes:
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
Quick and easy flour tortilla pizza recipe. This DIY 15-minute dinner can be customized so everyone has their own perfect personal pizza.
- 4–8 large tortillas (flour or sprouted)
- sauce: pizza or marinara sauce, pesto sauce, olive oil
- cheese: shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese, feta, parmesan
- toppings: pepperoni, chopped veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep and gather pizza toppings.
- Meanwhile, toast tortillas in oven until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top with sauce, toppings, and cheese.
- Bake for another 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Toppings: Pick up various vegetables for topping your pizza from the salad bar. They’ll be prepped and ready-to-use!
- Nutrition facts are for one pizza with 8″ tortilla, 1/4 cup pizza sauce, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1 oz. pepperoni, ~1/2 cup chopped veggies
Keywords: tortilla pizza recipe, how to make tortilla pizza, homemade tortilla pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!