When you need a quick dinner and you don’t have anything in the fridge? Flour tortilla pizzas to the rescue! This EASY tortilla pizza recipe takes just 15 minutes to make – it’s the fastest way to satisfy your pizza cravings!
I’ve been making this meal for SO SO SO long. Like, since college. And now I’m…well, eight apartments, one husband, one house, and two kids later. Initially this meal started as a Mexican pizza-of-sorts. Which was oh-so delicious and I still make it from time-to-time! It requires tortillas, refried beans, cheese and a microwave.
Then I started making more traditional pizzas with it. Or if I had nothing in the fridge but pesto and parmesan, I’d make tortilla pizzas. It was back in the day when I was still trying to eat clean or low-calorie (lame!) and it filled pizza cravings….until the weekend 2am pizza cravings came anyway.
Then I had kids and while I no longer cared about calories, I DO care about the easiest meals I can make when I only have 15 minutes and a nearly-empty fridge…And my flour tortilla pizza recipe is IT.
How to Make Tortilla Pizza
Now, you know this is easy because the entire pizza made with tortillas takes just 15 minutes. Here’s how we make healthy tortilla pizzas:
- Toast the tortillas. This step is key for a crispy tortilla pizza! Watch them closely as you just want them to get golden brown and crispy.
- Top your tortilla pizza crust. Add pizza sauce (or marinara if that’s all you have!) and cheese, veggies, and any meat if desired.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
Have kids? After you toast the crust, let them spread on the pizza sauce and add their toppings. They’ll love it and get to work on their cooking skills. 😉
Homemade Tortilla Pizza Topping Ideas
Now that you know how to use tortillas as pizza crust, it’s time to talk toppings! I have a BIG shortcut that I always like to share with my weeknight dinner club members. Now I’m sharing it with you, too!
First, check your fridge. This tortilla pizza recipe is a great way to use up almost-bad veggies. If you need some more toppings, stop by the SALAD BAR at your local grocery store. This way everything is already chopped and ready-to-go and you don’t have to buy everything separately. WIN-WIN.
Here are some of my favorite flour tortilla pizza toppings:
- mushrooms – chopped
- green peppers – chopped (or any peppers)
- onions – chopped
- spinach or arugula – chopped
- artichoke hearts – chopped
- olives – sliced
- sun-dried tomatoes – sliced
- cheese – mozzarella, feta, parmesan, cheddar, blue…basically anything goes
- meat – cooked sausage, pepperoni, salami, etc.
More Easy Tortilla Pizza Recipes:
I told you, I’ve been making these tortilla shell pizzas forEVER! Here are some oldies, but goodies with different flavor profiles.
- Healthy Taco Tortilla Pizza – I gave a fresh upgrade to my first tortilla pizza days…ground beef, fresh toppings, it’s all there!
- Easy Naan Pizzas – Slightly different base, but just as easy. If you prefer a thicker crust, try this one out!
The best tortilla pizza recipe! This easy flour tortilla pizza takes just 15 minutes and is crispy and crunchy! Plus, my shortcut tip for toppings!
- 4–8 large tortillas (flour or sprouted)
- sauce: pizza or marinara sauce, pesto sauce, olive oil
- cheese: shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese, feta, parmesan
- toppings: pepperoni, chopped veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep and gather pizza toppings.
- Meanwhile, toast tortillas in oven until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top with sauce, toppings, and cheese.
- Bake for another 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Toppings: Pick up various vegetables for topping your pizza from the salad bar. They’ll be prepped and ready-to-use!
- Nutrition facts are for one pizza with 8″ tortilla, 1/4 cup pizza sauce, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1 oz. pepperoni, ~1/2 cup chopped veggies
Keywords: tortilla pizza recipe