Whether you’re wondering how to roast grape tomatoes to preserve them or because you just think they might make winter tomatoes taste better, both are true. These roasted grape tomatoes take just a few minutes to prep and are made with pantry staples. Once they’re done, you can use them right away (ideas on what to do with them below) or freeze them for later.
If you’re anything like me, you’re a little *fussy* about your tomatoes. And I think you should be. 🙂 So if winter tomatoes bum you out, this is a way to enjoy tomato flavors, without the summer quality. And it’s also a great way to preserve those perfect summer tomatoes. My grape tomato plants haven’t exploded yet, but I use the same method for any tomato variety, you will just need to cut the tomatoes in half add some cooking time for larger tomatoes.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- What can I do with too many grape tomatoes?
- What You’ll Love About Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- How to Roast Grape Tomatoes
- Storage Instructions
- How to Use Oven Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- More Easy Vegetable Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make Roasted Baby Tomatoes
What can I do with too many grape tomatoes?
If you’re wondering what to do with grape tomatoes…ROAST THEM! It’s an easy and delicious way to preserve them to use later.
What You’ll Love About Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- Tomato flavor gets concentrated
- Made with just 5 ingredients (mostly staples)
- Prep them in just 5 minutes
- Easy to freeze for later
- So many ways to use them
These oven roasted cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes!) come together with just a few simple ingredients (mostly staples).
- Grape tomatoes – I’ve used grape tomatoes, but you can certainly use cherry tomatoes. I’ve also roasted halved roma tomatoes in the same way.
- Olive oil – Use high quality olive oil for best flavor.
- Sea salt – Use flaky sea salt for best flavor, or regular sea salt if you prefer or that’s what you have.
- Black pepper – Use freshly cracked pepper for best flavor.
- Thyme – Fresh thyme adds great flavor, but you can also omit it if you don’t have it or don’t want to buy it.
- Garlic – Optional, but another way to add some more savory flavor. Lightly smash clove, but keep it whole instead of mincing it as we don’t want the garlic to burn.
How to Roast Grape Tomatoes
Cooking grape tomatoes is SO simple:
- Prep. Preheat the oven and wash your tomatoes.
- Roast grape tomatoes. Place tomatoes on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with flaky sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and fresh thyme.
- Preserve tomatoes. Let tomatoes cool and store or freeze for later.
Store roasted tomatoes in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze roasted grape tomatoes?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze roasted tomatoes and it’s a great way to preserve them for later.
How to Use Oven Roasted Grape Tomatoes
Once you’ve roasted your tomatoes, it’s time to use them! Here are some ideas:
- Roasted Grape Tomato Bruschetta – Roughly chop the roasted grape tomatoes and serve over toasted crostini.
- Pizza – Roughly chop and lightly drain and add over sauce or with other toppings.
- Tomato Sauces – Depending on the sauce, add whole or chopped tomatoes (any liquid as well as it’s flavor!) to sauce.
- Dips and Spreads – Top spreads like hummus, tzatziki, greek yogurt, goat cheese, or ricotta cheese with roasted tomatoes and serve with crackers, pita, crostini, and veggies for scooping.
- Tomato Toast – Fresh tomato toast is great…but so is roasted! You can keep it as easy or complex as you want – add roasted tomatoes instead of fresh on my tomato toast recipe or keep it really simple and top toasted bread with tomatoes.
- Cherry Tomato Toast – This is another great toast recipe that includes some cheese and fresh basil.
More Easy Vegetable Recipes
If you like this roasted cherry tomatoes recipe, you might also like some of these other easy vegetable recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Roasted Baby Tomatoes
- Flaky Sea Salt – While this isn’t a must for roasted small tomatoes, it does help to elevate them.
- Half Sheet Pan – Roast your cherry or grape tomatoes on this pan, then use them or freeze them for later.
- Souper Cubes – Freeze roasted grape tomatoes for later in souper cubes for easy freezer storage.
Learn how to roast grape tomatoes! This roasted grape tomatoes recipe is made with pantry staples and is a delicious way to preserve tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes in a pile on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Roast grape tomatoes for 20-22 minutes, until tomatoes are blistered.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups of roasted grape tomatoes.
Keywords: roasted grape tomatoes, how to roast grape tomatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!