One quick warning about this lemon feta dip…it’s slightly addicting! My whipped feta dip recipe is a fluffy spread made of feta and cream cheeses along with some flavor boosters like lemon juice and zest, garlic, and olive oil. (My lemon risotto is also made with this bright combo!) Serve up the feta cheese dip with plenty of pita chips, veggies, and some kalamata olives on the side.
If snack-y appetizers are your jam (seriously, my favorite type of meal!), be sure to try my chili cheese dip, Greek Mezze platter, ranch chex mix or a charcuterie board (I have Trader Joe’s cheese board and Costco cheese board options) next.
Cheese is kind of my thing. Friends know that if they come over, they can always count on a good cheese board. (And if you want to learn how to build a gorgeous cheese plate, check out this post and video!)
Family knows that at a get-together, you can find me at the cheese plate.
I think it’s in my blood. I was born and raised in Wisconsin, fondly known as America’s Dairyland, and I grew up drinking milk, eating yogurt and snacking on cheese and crackers on a daily basis. Oh, and playing on dairy farms. Just like my mom, it would be a bad day if my fridge had less than three varieties of cheese at any given time. (And parmesan doesn’t count, that is a staple food, not an “eating” cheese.)
Let’s get to this whipped feta dip, shall we?
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- How to Make Whipped Feta Video
- Ingredients in Whipped Feta Dip
- What Kind of Feta Cheese Should I Use?
- How to Make Feta Cheese Dip:
- What to Serve with Feta Dip Recipe:
- How to Store Leftover Lemon Feta Dip:
- More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
- Helpful Tools to Make Feta Cheese Dip:
- Pin this feta dip recipe for later!
How to Make Whipped Feta Video
Ingredients in Whipped Feta Dip
This recipe for feta dip can be made with just 6 ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Cream cheese
- Feta cheese
- Chives (optional)
What Kind of Feta Cheese Should I Use?
Great question! I recommend using feta cheese that is in a block, preferably in a brine. I’ve found this has the MOST flavor and stays fresh, without drying out. It will also keep much longer in your fridge as the brine will keep it from going bad.
Crumbles are ok for salads (though I would still argue for block!), but block will give this spicy feta dip the best flavor.
How to Make Feta Cheese Dip:
This zesty feta dip is ready in just 10 minutes! Here are the simple steps to make it:
- Saute garlic. Heat oil over low heat and saute garlic until it starts to sizzle, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add red pepper flakes to oil.
TIP: Cook over low heat so you don’t burn the garlic.
- Process cheeses. In a food processor, pulse together cream cheese and feta cheese until smooth. Add the rest of the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and garlic oil to processor and pulse again until combined.
- Plate feta dip. Spread feta spread mixture onto a plate or bowl and top with chives, red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of olive oil.
What to Serve with Feta Dip Recipe:
It’s great for appetizer spreads (add it to my Greek mezze platter!) or as a feta spread for sandwiches layered with turkey, cucumber slices, and fresh sprouts. Or keep it simple and enjoy this lemon feta dip with veggies, pita crackers, and some kalamata olives on the side.
It’s one of those dips that works with anything and everything.
How to Store Leftover Lemon Feta Dip:
Store any leftover dip in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze feta dip?
I would not recommend freezing this recipe for feta dip as cheese can change texture during the freezing/thawing process and you want your dip smooth, not chunky!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
If you like this feta dip with cream cheese, you might also like some of these other appetizer recipes:
- Best Trader Joe’s Cheese Board – DIY your cheese board with these simple steps and two price options.
- Costco Cheese Board – If Costco is more your style, this DIY cheeseboard guide is for you. Two price options!
- Ranch Chex Mix – The classic snack mix gets ranch treatment.
- Dill Veggie Dip – Better than store bought and ready in minutes. You probably have everything you need to make it already.
- Smoked Gouda Dip – This Whole Foods copycat is spicy, smoky, and slightly addicting.
- Chili Cheese Dip – Just 3 ingredients and one of the first things to go at a party!
- Sliders – Everyone loves sliders – I’ve got meatball sliders, turkey sliders, and buffalo chicken sliders.
Helpful Tools to Make Feta Cheese Dip:
- Food Processor – No matter if you’re making whipped feta dip, hummus, or pesto, you need a food processor. I’ve had this one for 10+ years and still love it.
- Citrus Juicer – The fastest way to get every. last. drop. of juice out of the lemon.
- Microplane Zester – One of my favorite kitchen tools, use this to zest the lemon and mince the garlic for this lemon feta dip with cream cheese. It’s perfect for garlic as you won’t have any large chunks.
EASY whipped lemon feta dip recipe is ready in just 10 min! Serve this feta cheese dip with pita chips and veggies. It’s delish!
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat in a small pan. Add minced garlic and heat until garlic starts to sizzle, about 2 minutes. (Careful not to burn the garlic!)
- Remove from heat and add red pepper flakes to oil.
- In a processor, pulse together cream cheese and feta cheese until smooth.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, juice and zest from lemon and garlic oil to processor and pulse again until combined.
- Spread onto a plate or bowl and top with garnishes if desired.
- Serve with crackers and veggies.
Keywords: feta dip recipe, lemon feta dip, feta cheese appetizer