These are the BEST air fryer pita chips! The best part is that they are hot, chewy, golden brown, with crispy edges. One bite and you’ll be convinced that warm pita chips are the only way to eat them from now on. Pair with a dip for the perfect snack (don’t skip the whipped lemon feta dip!) or as a side to Greek lamb meatballs or ground beef Kofta bowls. Learn how to make pita chips in air fryer and why it’s the best method to use!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- How to Make Pita Chips in Air Fryer Video
- What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Pita Chips
- How to Make Pita Chips in Air Fryer
- Seasoning Ideas for Homemade Pita Chips
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Pita Chips
- More Air Fryer Recipes
How to Make Pita Chips in Air Fryer Video
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Warm and chewy
- Golden brown with crispy edges
- Salty flavor that’s customizable
- Perfect way to use leftover pitas
- Made with simple ingredients
- Just 2 minutes prep time
- Just 4 minutes total time
You need just a few staples to make these homemade air fryer pita chips:
- Pita pockets – You can use your favorite store-bought pita bread or whole wheat pita bread. If you have some pita that is slightly dry, it’s a great option to breathe some crunch and flavor into it.
- Olive oil – Use a high quality olive oil for best flavor. You could also use a different vegetable oil if you prefer.
- Seasoning – I’ve used garlic salt for a classic flavor, but I also have a list of ideas below.
How to Make Pita Chips in Air Fryer
Making pita chips in the air fryer couldn’t be easier and you’ll love having hot and crispy pita! Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat air fryer. Use the preheat function or preheat to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Prep pita. Cut pita triangles with a knife or pizza cutter and place into a large bowl.
- Season pita. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.
- Air fry pita chips. Transfer pita to air fryer basket and spread out in a single layer the best you can. (Doesn’t need to be perfect, some overlap is fine!) Air fry for 4 minutes. If you want them a bit chewy, they should be about done, if you want crispy air fryer pita chips, cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Cooking time will vary slightly depending on your air fryer and your desired crispy level.)
- Serve. Enjoy these homemade chips on their own, with your favorite hummus or favorite dip.
Seasoning Ideas for Homemade Pita Chips
The best part about making your own pita chips? You can season them in so many ways. Use your favorite seasoning or try one of these:
- Garlic salt
- Seasoning salt
- Flaky sea salt
- Italian seasoning
- Curry powder
- Cinnamon sugar
- Parmesan cheese
This air fryer pita chips recipe is best served right away while it’s still hot, but they are also still delicious at room temperature. Store them in an airtight container for up to a day.
How to reheat
If you want to reheat them, pop them in the air fryer for 1 minute!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Pita Chips
Trust me when I say these are ridiculously delicious all on their own, but they are also incredible when used as a vehicle for your favorite dip or spread.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you like these crispy pita chip recipe, you might also like some of these other air fryer recipes:
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
The BEST air fryer pita chips are crispy, chewy, perfectly golden brown and totally delicious. You’ll make batch after batch after one bite!
- 6 oz. pita bread
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- garlic salt
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Cut pita bread into wedges and place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle pita bread with olive oil and toss to evenly coat the pita bread.
- Season to taste with garlic salt. (See other seasoning ideas in post.)
- Transfer pita bread to the air fryer basket (in a single layer if possible, but doesn’t need to be perfect).
- Air fry at 380 degrees F for 4-6 minutes, until golden brown.
- Four minutes result in pita chips that are slightly chewy, hot, with crunchy edges.
Keywords: air fryer pita chips, pita chips in air fryer, how to make pita chips in air fryer,
This post may contain affiliate links. The do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!