Air fryer brats are the fastest way to enjoy brats when it’s too cold to grill them! Learn how to cook brats in the air fryer, along with what to serve with them and even how to serve them to kids! This recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes. If you’re looking for a prep-ahead option, try my Wisconsin-style slow cooker beer brats next.
If you love fast air fryer meals, be sure to give my cheddar brats in air fryer, air fryer mahi mahi, air fryer frozen salmon, air fryer quesadillas, or air fryer lobster (perfect for date night at home) next time!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can you cook brats in an air fryer?
- What You’ll Love About Brats In Air Fryer
- Air Fried Brats Ingredients
- How to Cook Brats in Air Fryer
- How Long to Cook Brats in Air Fryer
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Air Fryer Brats to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Brats in Air Fryer
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make Air Fryer Brats
Can you cook brats in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook brats in an air fryer! It’s a great option if you can’t grill them year-round and you’ll be surprised by how golden brown they get.
What You’ll Love About Brats In Air Fryer
- Zero prep
- Good winter brat option
- Cooks in less than 15 minutes
- Family-friendly meal
Air Fried Brats Ingredients
So I don’t even know if we need this section…but I’ll share some topping ideas too. 😉
- Brats – I prefer using raw bratwurst for best flavor. If you use a pre-cooked version, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time. As Wisconsin natives, we love Johnsonville brats 🙂
- Buns – Use hoagie buns, brat buns, or hot dog buns
- Toppings – Diced onion, sauerkraut, pickles, pickle relish ketchup, and a variety of mustards
How to Cook Brats in Air Fryer
Alright, let’s get to the point – cooking brats in the air fryer! You’ll cook them up in a few easy steps:
- Preheat air fryer. This helps get a brown crust and helps to cook the brats evenly.
- Air fry brats. Place uncooked brats in a single layer in the air fryer basket (lined with aluminum foil if desired) and cook brats, flipping half way through.
TIP: Do not crowd air fryer basket, cook in batches if necessary.
- Serve. Serve brats with buns, a variety of toppings, and a few sides.
How Long to Cook Brats in Air Fryer
The brats will take about 12 minutes in a 350 degree F air fryer. You’ll want to cook the brats to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How to reheat
Reheat brats in a hot skillet or the microwave, just until heated through.
Can you freeze air fried brats?
How to Serve Air Fryer Brats to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
If your kids are iffy about brats (they must not live in Wisconsin ;)), serve the brats along with a few sides. You can also let them decide if they want the brat and bun separate. Serve them a small piece of brat if it’s a new food instead of the whole thing.
What to Serve with Brats in Air Fryer
This air fryer brats recipe needs a simple side dish:
- Napa Cabbage Coleslaw
- Kale Apple Slaw
- Cheesy Potato Cabbage
- Grilled Potatoes
- Potato salad
- Potato chips
- Baked beans
- Raw veggies with veggie dip
- Fresh fruit
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like air frying brats, you might also like some of these other easy air fryer recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Learn how to cook brats in the air fryer! This is a quick and easy way to cook your brats if you can’t grill them in the winter.
1 package brats
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place brats in air fryer basket so they have space between them, cooking in batches if needed.
- Cook brats for 12 minutes, flipping after 6 minutes.
- They should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Nutrition facts can be found on package – as it will vary based on brand.
Keywords: brats in air fryer, air fryer brats, brats in the air fryer, how to cook brats in air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!