Learn how to cook frozen salmon in air fryer in just two simple steps! You won’t believe how quick and easy this air fryer salmon comes together, especially because you don’t have to thaw it before cooking. My glazed teriyaki salmon can also be cooked in the air fryer.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can you Cook Frozen Salmon in an Air Fryer?
- What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Ingredients
- Seasoning Ideas for Salmon
- How to Cook Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Salmon to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
- More Easy Salmon Recipes
- More Easy Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Salmon in Air Fryer from Frozen
- Thank with Google
Can you Cook Frozen Salmon in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen salmon in an air fryer and it’s a BRILLIANT way to do it! It cooks up quickly with perfectly tender and flaky fish, with no need to thaw. (And it cooks much quicker than it would in the oven!)
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Quick and easy dinner
- Preps in 2 minutes
- Cooking time is just 15 minutes
- Made with just 3 basic ingredients
- Delicious and nutritious meal
- Good source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Perfectly flaky
Air Fryer Frozen Salmon Ingredients
You’ll need just three simple ingredients to make this frozen salmon fillet in air fryer:
- Salmon Fillets – I’ve used frozen, but you can certainly use fresh.
- Olive Oil – I like using an olive oil spritzer so that you evenly coat the salmon fillets, but you can also brush the salmon with a pastry brush.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper – Because we’re keeping this really simply seasoned, I like to use flaky sea salt (like Maldon) and freshly cracked pepper.
Seasoning Ideas for Salmon
I’ve kept this recipe super simple (and I love salmon seasoned simply!), but here are some other seasoning ideas that go well with salmon:
- Cajun seasoning
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Old Bay seasoning
- Blackened seasoning
- Seasoning salt
- Quick marinade of soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and garlic
How to Cook Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
Let’s get to the important part, how to make frozen salmon in air fryer! It’s incredibly easy:
- Preheat air fryer. This step helps the fish cook evenly and quickly.
- Prep salmon. Spritz the salmon or brush evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Cook salmon. Place salmon skin side down on parchment paper and air fry salmon fillets until cooked through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does salmon need to be thawed before air frying?
No! You don’t need to thaw salmon before air frying it, which makes it an awesome quick dinner option. (Or if you just always forget to thaw your proteins!)
How long to cook frozen salmon in air fryer?
Frozen salmon will take about 14-17 minutes in the air fryer. The time will vary based on salmon fillet size.
Can I put parchment paper in an air fryer?
Yes, I frequently put a layer of parchment paper below fish to prevent it from sticking to the air fryer basket. You can also use aluminum foil.
How do I preheat my air fryer?
Preheating your air fryer is simple. Just set the temperature to the temperature you’ll be cooking and then let it preheat for 3-5 minutes.
How do you know if salmon is cooked?
You’ll be able to tell the salmon is done cooking a few ways. The easiest way is to lightly press on the top of the edge of the salmon with a fork – if it flakes easily, it’s done. You can also use an instant read meat thermometer and cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Store any leftover salmon in the fridge for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat salmon in a hot skillet or the air fryer for a few minutes, just until heated through so you don’t overcook it.
Can you freeze air fryer salmon?
How to Serve Salmon to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
If salmon is a new food for your kids, serve a tiny amount! (Like a single flake of fish.) And as always, be sure to serve it along side a few items you know they will eat.
If they say, “But I don’t like salmon!” you can use one of these responses:
What to Serve with Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer
Serve your air fryer frozen salmon fillet with some simple side dishes:
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Haricot Verts
- Sauteed Asparagus
- Kale Apple Slaw
- Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil
More Easy Salmon Recipes
Once you’ve mastered cooking frozen salmon in air fryer, try one of these other easy salmon recipes:
- Roasted Salmon with Dill Butter
- Panko Crusted Salmon
- Grilled Salmon in Foil
- Salmon Rice Bowls
- BEST Salmon Cakes
More Easy Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
If you like this frozen salmon in the air fryer, you might like some of these other easy air fryer seafood recipes!
It’s 5pm. Are you still trying to figure out what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Learn how to cook frozen salmon in air fryer in just 2 simple steps! This quick meal comes together in less than 15 min – great for weeknights
- 2–6 oz. salmon fillets
- olive oil spritzer
- flaky sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spritz frozen salmon fillets with olive oil spritzer and season with flaky sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay down piece of parchment paper on bottom of air fryer basket and place fish on top.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 14-17 minutes, or until cooked through. Edges will be golden brown and the fish will flake easily when done cooking.
Keywords: frozen salmon in air fryer, how to cook frozen salmon in air fryer, how long to cook frozen salmon in air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Thank with Google
I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. And I want to tell you a little bit about it in case you’ve noticed the badge on my site. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for the content and recipes on my website.
As a loyal supporter, you can now send a paid sticker and add a personal message that comes directly to me. And for me, these virtual stickers can translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content that you are enjoying on my blog.
You can find the Thank with Google feature button at the top and bottom of this blog post. If you test it out let me know what you think! Thanks for your support, I so appreciate you.