Learn how to cook lobster tail in air fryer! Yes, I know that air fried lobster tails may cause you to pause and say, REALLY? But yes, air fryer lobster tails cook in less than 10 minutes, and they are perfectly cooked every time. Made with just a few simple ingredients, serve lobster tail in air fryer with a simple side dish like lemon risotto, haricot verts, roasted baby potatoes, or sauteed asparagus.
It’s perfect for a special occasion dinner, date night in, or Valentine’s day dinner at home that takes less than 10 minutes total time. And if you want to turn it into a surf and turf meal, add a steak! It’s also a great method to cook the lobster for my lobster grilled cheese. Try my bucatini cacio e pepe pasta, lobster ravioli or bay scallop linguine for some other date night meals next time.
Can You Cook Lobster Tails in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook lobster tails in the air fryer and it’s a great way to cook them! I’ll show you how to make lobster tails in air fryer, how to prep them, and how to season them.
Are Lobster Tails Good In The Air Fryer?
Yes! I know, we were incredibly skeptical too, but then we tried it out and they turned out SO well. I actually did a side-by-side test of lobster tails – one version in the air fryer and one version in foil in the oven.
And the air fried lobster tails won HANDS DOWN.
What You’ll Love About Air Fried Lobster Tails
- Easy recipe
- Perfectly cooked lobster tails
- Cooks in just 4-6 minutes
- 2 minute prep time
- Made with just 4 basic ingredients
Lobster Tail in Air Fryer Ingredients
This air fryer lobster is made with just 4 simple ingredients:
- Lobster tails – Look for high quality cold water lobster tails. Fresh or frozen are fine, just make sure to thaw them before you cook them.
- Butter – Just a tablespoon of butter gives the lemon butter lobster tail classic, luscious flavor.
- Old Bay Seasoning – We’re using just a bit for subtle flavor.
- Lemon – Use fresh lemon juice for best flavor.
How to Cook Lobster Tail in Air Fryer
You won’t believe how easy cooking lobster tails in air fryer is! Let me show you how:
- Preheat air fryer. Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Cut lobster tails. Use kitchen scissors to cut through the top of the shell and top of meat, being careful to not cut through the bottoms of the shells.
- Prep lobster tails. Pull shell away from meat and lift lobster meat away from shell and place on top of the shells.
- Season lobster tails. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, old bay seasoning, and lemon juice. Brush or spoon butter mixture onto lobster meat.
- Air fry lobster tails. Place tails in air fryer basket lined with foil and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve lobster. Serve air fried lobster tails with a lemon wedge, a fresh parsley garnish if desired, and sides.
Frequently Asked Questions
What temperature should you cook lobster tails?
These air fried lobster tails are cooked at 380 degrees F.
How long to cook lobster tail in air fryer?
Air fried lobster tails cooking time will vary depending on the size of the lobster tail. Tails that are 4-5 ounces will take about 4-6 minutes; 8 ounce tails will take about 6-8 minutes.
Can you cook frozen lobster tail in air fryer?
Lobster tails should be thawed before cooking so the protein doesn’t turn tough.
How do you know when lobster tail is cooked?
The air fried lobster tails should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. The lobster meat will be opaque throughout.
Why is my lobster rubbery?
Lobster gets rubbery when it’s overcooked. So be careful to not OVER cook it. Start checking at the lower end of the cooking time.
Lobster is best fresh, so I would recommend only making the number of lobster tails that you’ll need.
How to reheat
Reheat lobster in a hot pan or the air fryer, just until warmed through so it doesn’t get rubbery.
Can you freeze lobster?
Yes, you can freeze lobster. Let it cool completely, before storing it in an airtight container for 2-3 months. Reheat in a 350 degrees F oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Lobster Tails
These lobster tails in the air fryer just need a simple side, let’s let the lobster shine!
More Easy Seafood Recipes
If you love this air fryer lobster tail recipe, you might also like some of these other easy seafood recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Air Fried Lobster Tails
- Air Fryer – Obviously the most important tool you’ll need for cooking lobster tails in an air fryer. This one is basic, but it does everything you need it to do.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – The best way to ensure you don’t overcook your lobster in air fryer.
- Kitchen Shears – You’ll need a pair of kitchen shears to cut through the lobster shell.
Learn how to cook lobster tail in air fryer! This easy method results in perfectly cooked and seasoned air fried lobster tails every time.
- 2 4.5-oz. lobster tails
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. old bay
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Rinse lobster tails and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut through the top of the shell and meat, keeping bottom shell in tact.
- Gently pull shell away from meat and lightly pull lobster meat away from shell. Place shell back together and set lobster meat on top of shell.
- Air fry lobster tails at 380 degrees F for 4-6 minutes for 4-5 oz. tails, or 6-8 minutes for larger 8 oz. tails until lobster is cooked through and opaque.
- Cook lobster to 145 degrees F.
Keywords: lobster tail in air fryer, how to cook lobster tail in air fryer, air fried lobster tails, air fryer lobster tails