This teriyaki glazed salmon recipe is simple and delicious, just how we like our weeknight dinners. Simply mix up the teriyaki glaze for salmon, and reduce it while you cook your salmon. Then bring the sauce to the table and let everyone drizzle it over their crispy salmon. Serve it with rice and a simple veggie like haricot verts.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make Teriyaki Salmon
- Ways to Cook Teriyaki Salmon
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Teriyaki Salmon to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Glazed Teriyaki Salmon
- More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Honey Teriyaki Salmon
What You’ll Love About Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- Homemade sweet and savory sauce
- Easy and nutritious meal
- Made with pantry staples
- Just 10 minutes prep time
- Just 25 minutes total time
Teriyaki Salmon Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients for this teriyaki salmon recipe are pretty basic, and if you make stir fry, you should have all of these:
- Soy sauce – Use high quality soy sauce for best flavor. You can use low-sodium if you prefer.
- Brown sugar – This helps give the sauce, rich flavor, but you could also swap it for extra honey if desired.
- Mirin – This is a sweet rice wine, you can also use rice wine vinegar.
- Honey – This helps sweeten the teriyaki sauce, you could also use maple syrup if you prefer.
- Sesame oil – Use high quality sesame oil for best flavor.
- Ginger – Use fresh ginger for best flavor, or frozen cubes or ginger from tube for convenience.
- Garlic – Use fresh garlic for best flavor, or frozen cubes for convenience.
- Salmon – Look for 5-6 oz. salmon fillets.
- Rice – For serving, you could also serve over noodles, brown rice, or cauliflower rice if you prefer.
- Garnish – Sesame seeds and green onions.
How to Make Teriyaki Salmon
Making the teriyaki glaze for salmon is quite simple:
- Mix teriyaki sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, honey, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- Cook salmon. We’re doing a crispy pan-fried salmon, but I have also included instructions for grilling teriyaki salmon as well as how to cook it in the air fryer below. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook salmon, flipping half way through.
- Reduce sauce. Transfer teriyaki sauce to a small saucepan and heat over low heat (you want a low simmer) until it’s thickened and reduced. A lot of recipes use cornstarch to thicken, but I didn’t find it necessary.
- Serve. Serve salmon over rice with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, along with a veggie side.
Ways to Cook Teriyaki Salmon
I’ve written the teriyaki salmon recipe with a pan-fried preparation, but there are a few other ways to make it:
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
- Remove 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce to use for cooking before reducing sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium-high direct heat, about 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon fillets on the bottom of a 14″ long piece of foil. Brush each fillet with teriyaki sauce. Roll up foil packets by rolling over long edges together and then folding each end to crimp shut.
- Grill foil packets for 10-12 minutes, until salmon is flaky.
Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
You can also cook the salmon in the air fryer, similar to my air fryer frozen salmon, but the cooking time is slightly lower.
Place the salmon on a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook salmon for 8 minutes, or until it flakes easily.
Store salmon in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
For best results, reheat salmon in a hot skillet or 350 degree F oven. Microwaving salmon is not recommended, but you do you.
Can you freeze teriyaki salmon?
Yes, you can freeze salmon in an airtight container (stasher bags work well!) for 2-3 months.
How to Serve Teriyaki Salmon to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
I would recommend serving the teriyaki sauce on the side and letting everyone add their own. It’s sweet, so in theory, it should be an easier sell, but theories don’t always hold true when it comes to feeding kids, so err on the side of caution. Be sure to serve the salmon with a few things you know your kids will eat.
What to Serve with Glazed Teriyaki Salmon
Serve the salmon with rice and an easy side veggie:
More Easy Salmon Recipes
If you like this recipe for teriyaki salmon, you might also like some of these other easy salmon recipes:
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
This DELICIOUS teriyaki glazed salmon recipe is a great weeknight dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes and made with simple ingredients.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. salmon fillets
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Remove 1/2 cup of marinade and set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and place salmon, skin side up and cook for 4 minutes, flip over and cook another 2-3 minutes more, until cooked through.
- While salmon is cooking, transfer reserved sauce to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes, until mixture is bubbling at the edges and has thickened and reduced.
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce over salmon and top with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with rice and a veggie.
- Air Fryer and grilling instructions above
Keywords: teriyaki glazed salmon, teriyaki glaze for salmon, teriyaki salmon recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!