What makes these the BEST ground turkey lettuce wraps?! They are super fresh and flavorful, ready in less than 15 minutes, and a great meal for the whole family. We’re using a major shortcut to help these lettuce wraps with ground turkey come together super fast, making it a great meal for weeknight dinners, especially activity nights when you need an even FASTER meal! While I love making a homemade teriyaki sauce (see teriyaki chicken stir fry, teriyaki shrimp, and teriyaki glazed salmon), I’m also glad that we have the option for shortcuts, especially for those nights that are spent in a rush.
If you love flavorful Asian meals, be sure to try my healthy orange chicken, pepper steak stir fry, Asian salmon stir fry, moo shu shrimp, and udon stir fry noodles next time.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- How to Make Lettuce Wraps with Ground Turkey
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Asian Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- More Easy Turkey Recipes
What You’ll Love About Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Perfect meal for activity nights
- Made with simple ingredients
- Uses shortcuts
- Flavorful and nutritious
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
We’re using some shortcut ingredients to make these ground turkey Asian lettuce wraps come together in less than 15 minutes:
- Egg rolls – These are an easy side, but you could also use any of your favorite Asian appetizers like wontons or potstickers. You could also serve with a side of rice or fried rice if you prefer.
- Oil – You can use olive oil or avocado oil or even sesame oil.
- Ground turkey – It won’t be a ground turkey lettuce wrap without the turkey, but you could really use any ground meat – you can use ground chicken, ground pork, or even ground beef. Do not use 99% fat free, super lean ground turkey – the lack of fat makes it really easy to overcook and dry out.
- Teriyaki sauce – If you want this dinner to come together in 15 minutes or less, use a bottled store-bought teriyaki sauce. If you prefer to make a homemade sauce, make the sauce from my teriyaki chicken stir fry. And if you need a gluten-free option, either make your own, swapping the soy sauce for tamari or look for a GF teriyaki sauce.
- Toppings – I like serving the wraps with cucumbers, carrots, and green onions – either thinly sliced or cut into matchsticks, but you could also put out water chestnuts, bean sprouts, thinly sliced red peppers, or even crunchy wonton strips.
- Bibb lettuce – Bibb (otherwise known as Boston lettuce or butter lettuce) is my favorite for lettuce wraps, but you can also use iceberg lettuce cups or even romaine.
How to Make Lettuce Wraps with Ground Turkey
Ok, let’s make these easy ground turkey lettuce wraps! Here’s how:
- Make appetizer or side. Cook egg rolls according to package instructions.
- Cook turkey. Heat oil over medium high heat in a 12″ nonstick frying pan. Add turkey and break up a bit with a spoon. Cook, undisturbed so it can brown a bit. Give turkey a stir and pour in teriyaki sauce.
TIP: If you have a few extra moments, add some garlic and ginger to the turkey for extra flavor before you stir in the teriyaki sauce.
- Simmer turkey. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve lettuce wraps. Serve turkey with lettuce leaves, cucumbers, carrots, green onions, and extra teriyaki sauce or hoisin sauce for drizzling.
TIP: If you like some heat, serve with red pepper flakes, chili oil, or sriracha.
Store turkey mixture in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Store the lettuce and toppings in the refrigerator separately.
How to reheat
Reheat turkey mixture in a skillet or microwave until heated through.
Can you freeze ground turkey?
Yes, you can freeze the ground turkey (souper cubes will work well!) and store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to Serve Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
I would recommend putting out all of the components and letting everyone build their own healthy ground turkey lettuce wraps. Be sure to serve the lettuce wraps with a few sides that you know they will eat. Egg rolls (or potstickers), rice, fruit, etc. are great options.
All of my articles on feeding kids can be found here and if you want a FULL list of all of the videos I have with hacks, tips, scripts, and ideas for feeding kids, check out my instagram or tiktok page.
What to Serve with Asian Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Because this meal is on the lighter side (and missing carbs!), it needs a side. I love throwing egg rolls in the oven or air fryer for a quick and zero-prep side, but here are a few other ideas as well:
- Rice (easy to make in rice maker)
- Fried rice
- Ramen noodles
- Frozen egg rolls
- Frozen potstickers
- Frozen wontons
More Easy Turkey Recipes
If you like this ground turkey lettuce wraps recipe, you might also like some of these other easy ground turkey recipes:
- Ground Turkey Stir Fry
- 15-Minute Turkey Taco Skillet
- Ground Turkey Meal Prep
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Turkey Quinoa Chili
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
15-Minute Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
These EASY ground turkey lettuce wraps utilize a few smart shortcuts to help you get dinner on the table FAST! Healthy, balanced, and flavorful.
- Frozen egg rolls
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce + extra for drizzling
- 1 cups sliced cucumber (or matchsticks)
- 2 cups sliced carrot (or matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 heads bibb lettuce
- Cook egg rolls according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in large skillet and add ground turkey. Break up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook for 4-5 minutes, undisturbed.
- Give turkey a stir, then pour in teriyaki sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer 2-3, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve teriyaki turkey with bibb lettuce leaves, cucumber, carrot, and green onions.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and do not include any sides.
Keywords: ground turkey lettuce wraps, lettuce wraps with ground turkey
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.