You are going to LOVE the sweet, savory, and spicy flavors in this mango salsa salmon! Not only is this salmon with mango salsa a fresh and bright meal, but it’s incredibly easy to make and made with just a handful of basic ingredients. Adjust the spice level to fit your preferences and serve it family style for a great family dinner. My fish tacos with mango salsa is a similarly delicious and nutritious meal.
Once you try the salmon and fresh mango salsa, be sure to give my other popular salmon recipes a try (baked panko salmon, furikake salmon, salmon with dill butter, and salmon stir fry) next time.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Love About Mango Salsa Salmon
- How to Make Mango Salsa Salmon
- Air Fried or Grilled Salmon Mango Salsa
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Salmon with Mango Salsa to the Whole Family
- What to Serve with Mango Salsa Salmon
- More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Mango Salsa with Salmon
What You’ll Love About Mango Salsa Salmon
- Bright and fresh meal
- Sweet, savory, and spicy flavors
- Fun way to switch up salmon
- Made with basic ingredients
- Just 10 minutes prep time
- Less than 20 minutes total time
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make this mango salsa salmon recipe:
- Mango – Fresh mango is best, but you could use canned or frozen mango in a pinch, but fresh is definitely recommended.
- Red onion – This helps add a bit of savory bite to the mango salsa. If it’s a little too much, you can use half of the amount or soak the diced onion in cold water for 5 minutes to help lessen the bite.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is a must!
- Jalapeño – Use more or less jalapeño depending on your heat preference.
- Lime – Use fresh lime juice for best flavor.
- Salmon – Look for 4-6 ounce salmon fillets. Buy the highest quality you can.
- Oil – You can use any vegetable oil that can be cooked at high heat.
- Sea salt
- Extras – If you want to bulk up your mango salsa, try adding diced bell peppers, diced cucumber, and/or avocado chunks.
How to Make Mango Salsa Salmon
Let’s make this mango salsa with salmon!
- Make mango salsa for salmon. In a medium bowl, toss together diced mango, red onion, and jalapeno. Drizzle lime juice over the top and gently stir in cilantro.
- Pan sear salmon. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon skin side up to pan and cook for about 4 minutes, until it has a nice crust and is golden brown. Carefully flip over and cook on the other side for another 2-4 minutes, until cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Serve. Serve salmon over rice and top with mango salsa.
Air Fried or Grilled Salmon Mango Salsa
Whether you prefer to grill the salmon or cook it in the air fryer, I’ve got you. My air fryer salmon recipe doesn’t even require you to thaw the salmon!
For grilled salmon, you have a few options:
- Grilled salmon in foil – Follow directions, but omit the asparagus and season simply with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Grilled salmon – Make a small tray out of aluminum foil (or use grill pan) and place salmon fillets on top. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper and grill for about 8-10 minutes. (I prefer this method over grilling it directly, but you can also grill it directly, just make sure the grates are clean and
Store the salmon in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and the mango salsa for up to a day.
How to reheat
Reheat salmon in a hot skillet or a 350 degree F oven until heated through.
Can you freeze salmon?
The cooked salmon can be frozen in an airtight container (stasher bags work well) for 2-3 months.
How to Serve Salmon with Mango Salsa to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
I distinctly remember sharing the before/after plates for this meal on instagram, because I thought it was odd that my mango-loving kids weren’t interested in trying the mango salsa. As always, I served everything family-style, so everyone could decide what goes on their plate.
If mango salsa is a new food, they may not try it the first time! This is normal and ok.
All of my articles on feeding kids can be found here and if you want a FULL list of all of the videos I have with hacks, tips, scripts, and ideas for feeding kids, check out my instagram or tiktok page.
What to Serve with Mango Salsa Salmon
Serve this salmon and mango salsa recipe with a few simple sides:
- Rice (Incredibly easy if you use a rice maker!)
- Sliced cucumbers
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Haricot Verts
More Easy Salmon Recipes
If you like this recipe for salmon with mango salsa, you might also like some of these other easy salmon recipes:
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- Salmon Stir Fry
- Baked Panko Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Dill Butter
- Salmon Cakes with Caper Aioli
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Mango Salsa with Salmon
- 12″ Nonstick Frying Pan – I use this pan just about every day, it’s one of my favorites and is the BEST quality.
- Citrus Juicer – A must for getting every bit of juice out of your citrus. I also use it for my virgin margarita recipe.
- Rice Maker – Quite possibly my favorite appliance of 2022, we use this about once a week!
Mango Salsa Salmon Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
This quick and easy mango salsa salmon is made with simple ingredients and takes less than 20 min. It’s sweet, savory, and spicy all at once!
For the mango salsa:
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced jalapeño (more or less depending on spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
For the salmon:
- 16 oz. salmon filets
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, toss together diced mango, red onion, and jalapeno. Drizzle lime juice over the top and fold in cilantro until combined. Set aside or chill in fridge.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add salmon, skin side up to pan and cook for about 4 minutes, until golden brown. Carefully flip over and cook on the other side for another 2-4 minutes, until cooked through, flakes easily and has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F
- Serve salmon over rice and spoon mango salsa over the top.
- Nutrition facts do not include rice or other sides.
Keywords: mango salsa salmon, mango salsa on salmon, salmon with mango salsa
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Photo Credit: All photos in this post were take by Loren at Sweet Rustic Bakes
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.