If you’re looking for a healthy and easy dinner idea, look no further than fish tacos with mango salsa. This easy dinner is perfect for a busy weeknight, as it can be prepared in under 25 minutes and is packed with fresh, nutritious, and delicious ingredients. The mango salsa (also used in my mango salsa salmon) adds the best flavor to these fish tacos – serve with my favorite margarita mocktail!
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
- What You'll Love About Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
- How to Make Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- How to Feed Fish Tacos to the Whole Family
- Want More?
- More Easy Tex Mex Recipes
- Let me Meal Plan for you!
What You’ll Love About Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa Recipe
- Delicious and bright flavors
- Satisfying meal
- Nutritious and balanced
- Made with 9 simple ingredients plus some pantry staples
- Just 15 minutes prep time
- Just 10 minutes cook timem
- Mango – Look for fresh and semi-firm mango that isn’t too soft and mushy. You could also use canned mango or frozen mango that is thawed.
- Onion – I recommend red onion. If you find the flavor of red onions to be too much, after chopping, soak in cold water for 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry. This helps take away some of the bite.
- Jalapeno – Use fresh jalapeno for best flavor or pickled jalapeno for a slightly less spicy option.
- Limes – Use fresh limes for best flavor.
- Cilantro – Use fresh cilantro for that classic bright flavor.
- White fish – You can use any flaky white fish like cod, mahi mahi, pollock, or tilapia.
- Seasonings – Sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper
- Tortillas – I recommend using small corn tortillas for classic fish taco flavor, but you could also use flour tortillas if you prefer.
- Cabbage – I think green cabbage works best flavor-wise, but you could also use red cabbage if you prefer. Shred it as thinly as you can.
- Avocado – Look for perfectly ripe avocado that isn’t mushy.
How to Make Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
This is an overview on how to make fish tacos with mango, the detailed instructions can be found below in the recipe card.
What goes well with fish tacos?
If you’re looking for some simple sides to serve with fish tacos with mango salsa recipe, see my list of ideas below!
What’s the best fish for fish tacos?
White fish are a popular choice for fish tacos so fish like cod, mahi mahi, pollock, and tilapia which are pretty easy to find. Halibut and sea bass are other great options, but are so good, I’d rather eat them on their own. 🙂
Store leftover fish taco components in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
How to reheat
Reheat fish in a hot skillet for best results. Microwaving seafood is not recommended.
What to Serve with Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
These mahi mahi fish tacos with mango salsa are sort of a whole meal, but here are some simple sides to serve along with them:
- Canned beans
- Refried black beans (my kids fave!)
- Corn Salsa
- Black Bean Corn Avocado Salad
- Mexican-Style Cauliflower Rice
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn
How to Feed Fish Tacos to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in.
I would recommend serving all of the components separate to let everyone build their own tacos. This way they can include (or not!) items that they like/dislike. Serve the meal with a few items you know your kids will eat, like fruit, milk, and/or bread and butter or cheese quesadillas.
More Easy Tex Mex Recipes
If you like this fish taco recipe with mango salsa, you might also like some of these other easy Tex Mex recipes:
Let me Meal Plan for you!
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning? It’s time to hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm instead of stressed. Your dinner is planned and your grocery list is made and everything is conveniently delivered to an app so you can print it out, access from your phone, or computer.
These fish tacos with mango salsa have tender and flaky fish, fresh toppings, and a bright mango salsa! They’re quick, easy, nutritious, and delicious!
For mango salsa
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced jalapeño (more or less depending on spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
For seasoned fish
- 1 lb. flaky white fish like cod
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 head green cabbage
- 1 avocado
- In a medium bowl, toss together diced mango, red onion, and jalapeno. Drizzle lime juice over the top, sprinkle with salt, and fold in cilantro until combined. Set aside or chill in fridge.
- Season and cook fish. In a small bowl, mix together sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Pat fish dry with a paper towel and sprinkle with seasonings on both sides.
- Cook fish.
AIR FRY: 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes
PAN FRY: cook fish for about 4 minutes, carefully flip over, and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through and flaky.
- Meanwhile, prep toppings. Thinly slice green cabbage, slice avocado, slice rest of jalapeno, and heat tortillas as desired. (In the microwave or over gas burner on stove.)
- Assemble tacos. Place flaked fish and sliced avocado on tortilla. Top with mango salsa, shredded green cabbage, and sliced jalapeños if desired.
Keywords: fish tacos with mango salsa
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!