Next time you’re making tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, or anything of the sort…Mexican-style cauliflower rice needs to be your side dish! This easy Mexican cauliflower rice skillet is ready in less than 15 minutes and is a great veggie side dish to so many meals.
How to Make Mexican Cauliflower Rice
This Mexican cauliflower rice skillet is easy-to-make and a great veggie side for any Mexi-inspired meal. Here’s how it goes:
- Prep veggies. Dice onion and yellow pepper. Mince garlic.
- Saute veggies. Heat oil in a large skillet and add the pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Mix in easy Mexican cauliflower rice. Add cauliflower rice, salsa, tomato paste, water, and spices to pan. Stir to combine and cook for 4-6 minutes until veggies are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Adjust seasonings. Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste and serve!
How Store Mexican-style Cauliflower Rice
Store this cauliflower rice Mexican style in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat in a hot skillet or the microwave until hot.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet Nutrition + Substitutes
Obviously I’m not low carb, but I do love adding in lots of veggies to our meals. This recipe for Mexican cauliflower rice actually came about because I need a veggie-packed side for a baked chicken taco recipe.
Each serving has 65 calories, 3 grams fat, 9 grams carbs, and 3 grams protein. It’s a great side to chicken tacos or base to burrito bowls.
More Easy Veggie Side Dishes
If you like this Mexican-style riced cauliflower, you might also like some of these other veggie side dishes:
- Napa Cabbage Slaw – The salad I make all summer long. Easy to prep ahead and goes with everything.
- How to Cook Asparagus – All my tips and tricks for asparagus, PLUS 17 recipes.
- Arugula and Fig Salad – Sweet figs, peppery arugula, and salty cheese. Everything a salad needs.
- French Green Beans – Quite possibly my favorite veggie of all time! Three ways to make them – saute, roast, and air fryer versions.
- Simple Green Salad – If our house had a “house salad” this would be it!
Helpful Tools to Make Mexican Rice with Cauliflower
- Stainless Steel Saute Pan – Use one that’s deep sides so you don’t lose any cauliflower rice over the edge!
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover Mexican-style cauliflower rice in these glass containers and re-heat it in the microwave safely.
Mexican-style cauliflower rice makes a HEALTHY side for tacos or base for burrito bowls! And, my Mexican cauliflower rice skillet is ready in just 15 min.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 20 oz. frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- dash or two of hot sauce (optional)
- Prep veggies:
Dice yellow pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, pepper, tomato, and garlic together for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add cauliflower rice, salsa, tomato paste, water, and spices to pan. Stir to combine, and cook for another 4-6 minutes, until liquid has evaporated and cauliflower is tender.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper, and/or hot sauce to taste if needed.
- I prefer frozen riced cauliflower as it doesn’t go bad, but fresh can also be used.
Keywords: Mexican-style cauliflower rice, Mexican cauliflower rice skillet