This air fryer mahi mahi is ready to eat in less than 15 minutes! You can even cook the fillets right from frozen! Season mahi mahi in air fryer with your favorite fish seasoning or keep it simple with lemon pepper like I’ve done here. Serve up mahi mahi with haricot verts, air fryer broccoli, or napa cabbage slaw for a quick and nutritious meal.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can You Air Fry Mahi Mahi?
- What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
- Mahi Mahi Air Fryer Ingredients
- How to Cook Mahi Mahi in Air Fryer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Mahi Mahi to the Whole Family
- How to Make Air Fryer Fish Tacos
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
- More Easy Seafood Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Mahi Mahi Recipe Air Fryer
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Can You Air Fry Mahi Mahi?
Yes, you can air fry mahi mahi and it’s a great way to cook it in less than 15 minutes. You can even cook it from frozen.
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
- Perfectly flaky fish
- Cooks in less than 15 minutes
- Made with just 3 simple ingredients
- Healthy and nutritious dinner
Mahi Mahi Air Fryer Ingredients
Mahi in air fryer is beyond simple and you’ll need just 3 basic ingredients:
- Mahi Mahi – Look for high quality mahi mahi fillets that have firm, pinkish skin.
- Olive Oil – I like to spray the fish with an olive oil spritzer, but you can also brush olive oil onto the mahi with a pastry brush.
- Seasoning – You can season the mahi mahi however you like, either simply with sea salt and black pepper; lemon pepper seasoning; or your favorite fish seasoning.
How to Cook Mahi Mahi in Air Fryer
Cooking mahi mahi in air fryer is quick and easy!
- Preheat air fryer. This helps cook the fish evenly and quickly.
- Prep mahi mahi. Spritz or brush fish with olive oil and season with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cook fish. Place fillets into air fryer basket lined with foil. Air fry frozen mahi mahi for 12-14 minutes, until cooked through and flakes easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
What temperature should you air fry mahi mahi at?
The fish is cooked at 400 degrees F. Fish is best when it’s cooked at a high temperature for a short amount of time.
How long to cook mahi mahi in air fryer?
The mahi mahi in the air fryer will take about 8-12 minutes, depending on whether your fillets are thawed or frozen.
Can you cook frozen mahi mahi in air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen mahi mahi in the air fryer.
Store any leftover mahi mahi in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Gently reheat the fish in a 350 degree F oven or 350 degree F air fryer, just until warmed through so you don’t overcook it.
Can you freeze mahi mahi?
I would not recommend freezing the mahi mahi again after you’ve cooked it. The beauty of the air fryer is that you can easily make just what you need.
How to Serve Mahi Mahi to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
Here’s a video of how I served mahi mahi (a new food) to my kids:
How to Make Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Easily turn the fish fillets into mahi mahi tacos! Season fish with garlic powder or onion powder, a sprinkle of oregano, and cayenne pepper if you like a little heat.
For a traditional fish taco, serve fish flakes inside toasted corn tortillas with thinly shredded cabbage, fresh lime juice, sliced avocado, and a lime crema drizzle. Add any other taco toppings and salsa as desired.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Mahi Mahi
Serve this air fryer mahi with a vegetable and carb side:
More Easy Seafood Recipes
If you like this air fryer mahi mahi recipe, you might also like these other easy seafood recipes:
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
EASY air fryer mahi mahi recipe! Made with just 3 ingredients and can be seasoned so many ways! Cook mahi mahi in air fryer right from frozen.
- 2 6-oz. mahi mahi filets
- olive oil
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Spritz mahi mahi with olive oil spritzer and season with lemon pepper on both sides.
- Lay down piece of parchment paper on bottom of air fryer basket and place fish on top.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 12-14 minutes, or until cooked through. Edges will be golden brown, flesh will be white, and the fish will flake easily when done cooking
- Cooking time is frozen mahi mahi. If using thawed fish, decrease cooking time to 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: air fryer mahi mahi, mahi mahi in air fryer, mahi mahi recipe air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!