This easy air fryer Italian sausage recipe (but not really a recipe!) requires zero prep and cooks in less than 15 minutes. You can serve Italian sausage made in the air fryer in so many different ways, and I’m sharing sandwich details like I’ve done here as well as some other easy dinner ideas below. If you want to make sausage and peppers in one pan, try my sheet pan sausage and peppers.
We are big fans of Italian sausage over here, it’s such a great way to add mega flavor to everything from Italian sausage stuffing to pasta with sausage and broccoli to creamy tortellini soup.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- Can you air fry Italian sausage?
- What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- How to Cook Italian Sausage in Air Fryer
- Storage Instructions
- How to Serve Italian Sausage Sandwiches to the Whole Family
- Serving Ideas
- More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Air Fried Italian Sausages
Can you air fry Italian sausage?
Yes! Cooking Italian sausage in the air fryer is quick, easy, and requires just one dish to clean!
What You’ll Love About Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Zero prep
- Cooks incredibly quick
- Minimal clean up
- Less than 15 minutes cook time
What’s the one thing you need to make Italian sausages in the air fryer?
Choose your favorite variety, mild or hot sausages, it’s up to you. Note – these cooking times are for raw sausages, not cooked sausages that just need to be reheated. If you’re using a cooked Italian sausage, you’ll want to adjust the cooking time.
How to Cook Italian Sausage in Air Fryer
Alright, let’s get to the point – cooking Italian sausages in air fryer in the air fryer! You’ll cook them up in a few easy steps:
- Preheat air fryer. This helps get a brown crust and helps to cook the sausage links evenly.
- Air fry Italian sausages. Place uncooked sausages in a single layer in the air fryer basket (lined with aluminum foil if desired) and cook sausages, flipping half way through.
TIP: Do not crowd air fryer basket, cook in batches if necessary.
- Serve. Serve sausages as desired, I have ideas below!
How long do I cook Italian sausage in air fryer?
The air fryer sausage will take about 12 minutes in a 350 degree F air fryer. You’ll want to cook the brats to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How to reheat
Reheat brats in a hot skillet or the microwave, just until heated through.
Can you freeze air fried brats?
Yes, you can freeze cooked pork sausages in an airtight container (stasher bags work well!) and store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to Serve Italian Sausage Sandwiches to the Whole Family
I get it, feeding kids can be tough! But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your child’s job makes it SO much more enjoyable. You’ll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods – with plenty of play food sprinkled in. 😉
If your kids are iffy about sausage, serve the Italian sausage sandwiches along with a few sides you know they will eat. You can also let them decide if they want the salad and bun served together or separate. Serve them a small piece of sausage if it’s a new food instead of the whole thing and don’t forget a dip like ranch or ketchup that can help entice without pressure.
All of my articles on feeding kids can be found here and if you want a FULL list of all of the videos I have with hacks, tips, scripts, and ideas for feeding kids, check out my instagram or tiktok page.
Sausage and peppers can be served in so many different ways:
- Stuffed into buns and served with sautéed bell peppers and onions and marinara sauce like I’ve shown here
- Slice and serve with pasta
- Slice and put on naan pizzas or tortilla pizzas
- As a stir fry with stir fried broccoli rabe or broccolini (or zucchini and tomatoes) and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- As a main with an Italian side salad, air fryer broccoli, air fryer cauliflower and broccoli, or haricot verts
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you like this air fried Italian sausage, you might also like some of these other easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Bone-In Chicken Breast
- Tilapia in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Pork Sandwich
- Air Fryer Brats (or Air Fryer Cheddar Brats)
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make Air Fried Italian Sausages
- Air Fryer – You can’t make Italian sausages in the air fryer without the air fryer! I love the white color and compact size.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer – I rarely cook meat without a digital meat thermometer, it’s a kitchen staple.
Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 5 sausages 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
This easy air fryer Italian sausage requires zero prep and minimal clean up! Plus I’m sharing 5 serving ideas for how to turn it into dinner.
- 5 Italian sausage links (16 oz.)
- They should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Nutrition facts can be found on package – as it will vary based on brand.
Keywords: air fryer Italian sausage, Italian sausage in air fryer
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.