Looking for an easy and slightly fancy appetizer that is sure to be a crowd pleaser? This baked brie with fig jam is it! It’s got a thick layer of savory and gooey brie cheese that’s topped with a layer of sweet fig jam and it’s perfectly delicious spread on a slice of baguette. While I’ve written this baked brie recipe with jam using fig jam specifically, you can really use any type of jam, so choose your favorite. Try baked brie with jam for your next easy holiday appetizer, it’s perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas gatherings. It takes just two minutes prep time and everyone always loves melty cheese. 🙂
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
What You’ll Love About Baked Brie with Fig Jam
- Sweet and savory flavor
- Perfect for holiday gatherings or hosting guests
- Made with just two simple ingredients
- Just 13 minutes cook time
- Just 15 minutes total time
You’ll need just two simple ingredients to make this easy appetizer – brie and fig jam!
- Brie – Look for an 8-ounce wheel of brie. It needs to be a whole wheel or all of the cheese will ooze out if you try to bake a wedge of brie.
- Jam – This recipe features fig jam, which is truly delicious and feels slightly upscale, but you can really use any type of jam (try apricot jam or raspberry jam). Use high quality jam for best flavor.
- Bread – Serve the fig jam and brie with a variety of baguette slices, crostini, and/or a variety of crackers.
- Extras – There are many ways to add some extra flavor and texture to your baked brie – try chopped nuts like walnuts, almonds, pecans, or pistachios.
How to Bake Brie with Jam
Ok, let’s get to this baked brie with fig jam recipe! Here’s how we make it:
- Prep brie. Slice a thin, thin, THIN layer of the rind off of the top of the brie. This part is technically edible, but I like to scrape it off. You could skip this step, but I like to remove it, which will also make it easier to scoop out the cheesy goodness later.
- Top brie with fig jam. Spread the jam on the top of the brie so that it evenly covers the cheese.
- Bake brie. Place wheel of brie in a baking dish or baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until cheese is gooey and melty.
- Serve. Serve brie baked with jam with a variety of bread, crostini, and/or crackers.
This baked brie appetizer with jam is best served immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat
Reheat brie in a 350 degrees F oven until hot and melty again.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you like this easy baked brie with jam recipe, you might also like some of these other easy appetizer recipes:
- Whipped Lemon Feta Dip
- Best Smoked Salmon Dip
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Cheese Boards (I have a TJ’s Cheese Board and a Costco Cheese Board)
In a dinner time rut? Overwhelmed with the task of meal planning?
Hand over meal planning to a pro!
This done-for-you plan can easily be customized and your grocery list is made with the click of a button – all while you sit in the school pick up line.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned.
This melty baked brie with fig jam couldn’t be easier (just 2 min prep!) and it always gets gobbled up first at holiday gatherings.
- 8 oz. Brie cheese
- 1/3 cups fig jam
- bread, crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep brie. Slice a very thin layer off of the top of the wheel of brie.
- Cover with fig jam and place into a small baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until cheese is melty and soft.
- Serve with sliced bread and crackers.
- This recipe is written with fig jam, but you can use any type of jam (see a few ideas above in the post)
Keywords: baked brie with fig jam, baked brie recipe with jam, baked brie with jam
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!