This homemade pink drink with vanilla cold foam is a delicious twist on the Starbucks version! My DIY pink drink is sweet and creamy, but made with basic ingredients and is caffeine-free so you can share with the kids!
If you are a Starbucks junkie, you may want to try my other Starbucks copycat recipes (Starbucks protein box, iced psl, and cold foam) next.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of Contents
- What Is Starbucks Pink Drink?
- What You’ll Love About DIY Pink Drink
- Homemade Pink Drink Ingredients
- How to Make Starbucks Pink Drink with Vanilla Cold Foam
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storage Instructions
- More Easy Drink Recipes
- It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
- Helpful Tools to Make DIY Pink Drink
What Is Starbucks Pink Drink?
The Starbucks pink drink is a sweet and creamy drink that’s made up of a sweet fruity mixture, green coffee flavor, and coconut milk.
This homemade pink drink copycat recipe is a little different, but the end result is the same sweet and creamy drink! My version of the pink drink is made with an herbal tea base as a substitute for the strawberry acai refresher and topped with a vanilla cold foam for a refreshing and creamy drink.
What You’ll Love About DIY Pink Drink
- Sweet, creamy, and refreshing
- Caffeine free so perfect for any time of day
- Easy to adjust sweetness level
- So easy to make, it’s ready in 5 minutes
- No need to spend a small fortune on it
Homemade Pink Drink Ingredients
This DIY pink drink is made up of a few simple ingredients:
- Tazo passion tea – This is obviously the brand of tea that Starbucks uses and it’s a great one for the whole family as it’s caffeine free. You could also use another hibiscus tea or berry tea with bright and sweet flavors.
- Whipping cream – Aka heavy cream. Use a dairy-free creamer or coconut cream for a dairy-free option.
- Vanilla paste – I love having this vanilla paste for cold foam as it has real vanilla bean flecks, but you can also use a bit of vanilla extract.
- Sugar – Optional. If you like a sweeter drink, add the sugar or simple syrup to taste. If you prefer a lightly sweet drink, just omit it.
- Milk – Optional. The original Starbucks pink drink is made with coconut milk, but because this version is topped with cold foam, I didn’t add it to the base of the drink as the cold foam adds creaminess.
- Berries – Optional. Add sliced strawberries for fresh strawberry flavor.
Pink Drink Starbucks Ingredients
Wondering about pink drink ingredients? Look no further.
Here is the pink drink ingredient list from the Starbucks website:
Ice, Strawberry Acai Base [Water, Sugar, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Natural Green Coffee Flavor, Fruit And Vegetable Juice, Rebaudioside A], Coconutmilk [Water, Coconut Cream, Cane Sugar, Contains 2 Or Less Of Tricalcium Phosphate, Coconut Water Concentrate, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Gellan Gum, Corn Dextrin, Guar Gum, Vitamin A Palmitate, And Vitamin D 2], Freeze Dried Strawberries
How to Make Starbucks Pink Drink with Vanilla Cold Foam
Let’s make the copycat Starbucks pink drink at home!
- Brew tea. Brew the passion tea with hot water on the strong side since we’ll be diluting it a bit over ice. You can also use two tea bags. Let the tea cool slightly.
- Make cold foam. Use a milk frother to froth whipping cream and vanilla paste.
- Assemble DIY pink drink. Pour brew tea over ice cubes and top with vanilla cold foam. Stir cold foam into tea if you want the whole thing creamy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s in Starbucks pink drink?
You can find the exact ingredient list above, but the Starbucks pink drink is made up of Strawberry Acai Base (which interestingly doesn’t contain strawberries or acai), sweetened coconut milk, and freeze dried strawberries.
Does the pink drink have caffeine?
Yes, the pink drink at Starbucks contains natural green coffee flavor and a grande has 45 mg of caffeine.
Can kids drink the homemade pink drink?
Yes! The DIY pick drink is actually a great drink for kids as the tea is herbal (no caffeine), it’s lightly sweet, and it’s a gorgeous, bright pink color.
This is best made right before serving. If you want to prep ahead, brew the tea up to a few days ahead or make a big batch so you always have it ready-to-go.
More Easy Drink Recipes
If you like this Starbucks pink drink with cold foam, you might also like some of these other drink recipes:
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cold Foam
- Easy Green Smoothie
- Jennifer Aniston Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
It’s 5pm. Are you still wondering what’s for dinner?
Menu Plans by My Everyday Table can help you out.
The plan addresses three major issues when it comes to weeknight dinners: having a plan, time, and one family meal.
You’ll save time, save money, waste less food, and feel calm when 5pm hits because your dinner is already planned.
Helpful Tools to Make DIY Pink Drink
- Vanilla Paste – This is the key to intense vanilla flavor, complete with real vanilla bean flecks.
- Milk Frother – Use this to make the pink drink with vanilla and cold foam.
Homemade Pink Drink with Vanilla Cold Foam (Starbucks copycat)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American
You’ll love this DIY pink drink with vanilla cold foam. It’s sweet and creamy and made with basic ingredients and contains no caffeine!
- 1 Tazo passion tea bags
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1 tsp. sugar (optional)
- Brew Passion tea bag with 6 oz. hot water for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make vanilla cold foam by adding whipping cream and vanilla paste to a cup with enough room to double in volume. Use a hand frother to froth until it doubles and is frothy, being careful to not over froth it or it will turn into whipped cream.
- Pour brewed tea over ice in a glass and top with vanilla cold foam.
- If using the sugar, add it to the tea while brewing so the sugar can dissolve.
Keywords: pink drink with vanilla cold foam, homemade pink drink, DIY pink drink
This post may contain affiliate links. They do not add any charge to you, but I will make a very small commission from them. I only link to products I use and recommend. Thank you for your support!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.