Learn how to grill bacon wrapped shrimp – it’s a smoky, salty, and succulent appetizer (or main dish!) This grilled bacon wrapped shrimp recipe takes just a few minutes to prep and is made with just 4 ingredients, which makes it simple to whip up any time. Don’t miss my 5 tips below for the BEST bacon wrapped shrimp skewers below so that they turn out perfectly each time.
If you love shrimp as much as we do, be sure to try my old bay shrimp boil, shrimp and noodle stir fry, shrimp okonomiyaki (a fave!), or shrimp roll sandwiches for a twist on lobster rolls.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- 5 Grilling Secrets You Need to Know!
- What You’ll Love about Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients
- How to Grill Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Tips for the Best Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Storage Instructions
- What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
- More Easy Grilling Recipes
- Helpful Tools to Make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
5 Grilling Secrets You Need to Know!
Get the quick-start guide so you can grill like a pro without going to culinary school.
What You’ll Love about Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Is there a better flavor combo than shrimp and bacon?!
- Made with just 4 ingredients
- Ready to devour in 15 minutes
- Perfect as an appetizer or you can serve it with sides for a main
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients
You’ll need just 4 ingredients to make this grilled bacon wrapped shrimp recipe!
- Jumbo shrimp – Use the biggest shrimp you can! Choose tail-on, peel-off
- Bacon – Do NOT use center cut bacon as it isn’t long enough to cut in half!
- Cajun seasoning – You can also use old bay seasoning or even leave it off entirely. All options are delish, but the Cajun seasoning gives it the tiniest hint of heat
- Olive oil
How to Grill Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
This grilled bacon wrapped shrimp recipe comes together in just a few minutes of prep:
- Parcook bacon. Microwave bacon for 2-3 minutes, until it is partially cooked. Cut in half.
- Season shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasoning lightly.
- Wrap bacon around shrimp. Starting at one end of the bacon, roll slice of bacon around shrimp and thread onto skewer to secure. Spritz with olive oil.
- Grill shrimp and bacon skewers. Preheat grill over medium heat and grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
Tips for the Best Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Use raw shrimp.
This will give the bacon wrapped shrimp skewers the best flavor, plus grilling cooked shrimp could turn it rubbery.
Use regular-cut, not center-cut bacon.
You need the length of regular-cut bacon so that you can cut it in half and it’s still long enough to wrap around the shrimp.
Pre-cook the bacon.
Because bacon takes a lot longer to cook than shrimp, you need to cook it ahead a bit so that you don’t overcook the shrimp.
Season shrimp lightly.
It’s important to not over season the shrimp, as it will get flavor and salt from the bacon. A light sprinkling is plenty.
Spritz with olive oil.
Before grilling the shrimp and bacon appetizers, lightly spritz with olive oil so that they don’t stick to the grill. Using an olive oil spritzer will ensure they get an even coating.
Store any leftover bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to reheat shrimp:
Reheat shrimp in a hot skillet, just until heated through. Microwaving is not recommended.
Can you freeze bacon wrapped shrimp skewers?
Yes, you can remove the shrimp from the skewers and store in a stasher bag for 2-3 months. Let thaw before reheating.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
These bacon wrapped grilled shrimp skewers make a great appetizer, but you can also turn it into a meal by adding some sides for bacon wrapped shrimp! Try one of these:
- Peach and Burrata Salad
- Lemon Arugula Salad
- Grilled Vegetables
- Haricots Verts
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
More Easy Grilling Recipes
If you love bacon wrapped shrimp kabobs on the grill, you might also like some of these other easy grilled recipes:
- Grilled Salmon in Foil
- Grilled Tilapia in Foil
- Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Grilled Potato Foil Packets
Helpful Tools to Make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
- Skewers – Look for rounded skewers like these, instead of flat ones. I’ve found that the flat ones cut your hands!
- Cajun Seasoning – So many ways to use this, and gives a slight sweet and spicy flavor to the bacon wrapped shrimp skewers.
- Olive Oil Spritzer – So many spritzers get clogged (annoying!), but not this one. You’ll love it.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Learn how to grill bacon wrapped shrimp skewers with this EASY grilled bacon wrapped shrimp recipe! Plus 4 tips so they turn out PERFECT!
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp
- 12 oz. bacon
- Cajun seasoning
- olive oil
- Precook bacon. On a plate lined with paper towel, microwave bacon slices for 3 minutes…. Microwave in batches. Cut in half so that each strip is about 4 inches long.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasoning and wrap each shrimp with a slice of bacon and thread onto skewer.
- Spritz skewers with olive oil and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink and cooked through and bacon is crispy.
- A light sprinkle of Cajun seasoning is plenty as you don’t want it to be too salty.
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a review and let me know what you thought! I appreciate it so much.