Try these EASY Asian shrimp noodles for a light and refreshing weeknight dinner! This shrimp stir fry with noodles is packed with plenty of vegetables (napa cabbage, carrots, and cucumbers), protein from shrimp and pasta, flavor from a simple soy-based sauce, slurp-able noodles, and lots of fresh flavor from lime juice and cilantro. This shrimp and noodle stir fry recipe is light and bright, but still plenty satisfying.
As always, my weeknight dinners (Asian noodles and shrimp included!) come together in 30 minute or less. If you’d like to prep a few things before hand to make it even faster, cut/shred the carrots and slice the napa cabbage.
Serve up these Asian shrimp noodle bowls with fresh toppings, sriracha if desired, and some crunch from sesame seeds or peanuts. It’s a one-bowl meal weeknight!
How To Make Shrimp Noodles
This shrimp and noodle stir fry takes just 30 minutes to make, here’s how simple it is:
- Prep ingredients. Because this Asian shrimp noodles recipe cooks really quickly, you want all of your ingredients ready to go when you start cooking. Bring the pasta water to a boil. Mix up the soy sauce mixture, mince the garlic, cut the cucumbers and carrots, slice the napa cabbage, and chop the cilantro.
- Cook pasta. Cook pasta to al dente as we’ll finish it in the stir fry for a minute or two.
- Make shrimp and veggie stir fry. Cook shrimp until just about cooked through. Add sauce to pan, then add in carrots, cucumbers, and cabbage. Cook lightly, until heated through.
- Garnish. Finish the spicy shrimp stir fry with noodles with lots of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Like it hot? Add some sriracha or chile garlic sauce.
Can You Make Asian Shrimp Noodles with Cooked Shrimp?
I recommend using raw shrimp as I think it has the best flavor, but you can use pre-cooked shrimp if that’s all you have or have access to.
If the shrimp is thawed, heat it for just about 30 seconds with the sauce as it will continue to cook through with the vegetables.
If you’ve got your choice, buy peeled, deveined, and no peel raw shrimp.
Shrimp Stir Fry with Noodles: Nutrition & Substitute Options
There are a few ways to make some easy swaps in shrimp and noodle recipes like this one to fit allergies and/or food intolerances:
- Pasta – Use any kind of noodles you like in this Asian shrimp pasta. Soba, rice noodles, bean noodles, anything goes. Cook pasta according to package.
- Veggies – If you want to add MORE veggies and less pasta, simply cook 12 ounces of pasta and increase the vegetables.
- Shrimp – Simply omit, or swap for diced chicken. The chicken will take a little longer to cook if you use raw chicken. You could also use pre-cooked rotisserie or shredded chicken.
- Toppings – In addition to the optional sriracha or chile garlic sauce, try chopped peanuts or sesame seeds for additional crunch.
More Pasta Recipes:
Is easy shrimp stir fry with noodles your kind of dinner? Then you’ll love some of my other fast and easy pasta recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta – Love chicken parm but don’t want to deal with all the steps? This satisfying meal is an easier version without the work.
- Easy Bruschetta Pasta – Light and fresh – it’s the perfect pasta for summer days when the tomatoes are perfect.
- Cherry Chicken Pasta Salad – Serve this simple pasta salad on hot nights. Just 7 ingredients to make it!
- Udon Noodle Stir Fry – This 20 minute dinner is a favorite of the weeknight dinner club group and always gets 5-star reviews!
EASY shrimp stir fry with noodles recipe is a family favorite! Asian shrimp noodles is a flavorful, light, and fresh dish ready in just 30 MINUTES!
- 16 oz. linguine
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. raw shrimp, thawed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, julienned
- 2 cups cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- Prep ingredients:
In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, and rice vinegar.
Julienne cucumber.Chop cilantro.
Slice lime into wedges.
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle sauce over shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, cabbage, cucumber, and carrots to the pan, toss together, and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until shrimp is pink and veggies are tender. Toss with noodles and serve with chopped cilantro and hot sauce as desired.
Keywords: Asian shrimp noodles, shrimp stir fry with noodles, shrimp and noodle stir fry