Make this Trader Joe’s fish tacos recipe with just 8 ingredients + a few staples! Serve them with a side of black beans for a well rounded meal. This easy fish tacos dinner is ready in 30 minutes, it’s perfect for weeknights.
What makes these the best easy fish tacos? Well we’re skipping the deep frying at home – so messy! But the pre-breaded fish makes for a crispy fish taco. And then there is a the simple pickled red onions and finally, a drizzle of the lime crema. It’s a delicious combo!
Be sure to tag me when you make these fish tacos, I love to see your creations! And if you’ve made it, will you please leave it a ⭐️ rating below? It helps me out a ton!❤️
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of Contents
- Ingredients to Make Trader Joe’s Fish Tacos
- How to Make Trader Joe’s Fish Tacos
- Easy Fish Tacos Recipe FAQs
- How to Store Leftover Easy Fish Tacos
- More Easy Trader Joe’s Recipes
- Pin this easy Trader Joe’s fish taco recipe for later!
Ingredients to Make Trader Joe’s Fish Tacos
While it’s easy to grab everything you need for these easy fish tacos with lime crema at Trader Joe’s, none of these ingredients are special to Trader Joe’s, so you can find them at any store:
- Battered or breaded fish
- Black beans
- Red onion
- White vinegar
- Sour cream
- Corn tortillas
How to Make Trader Joe’s Fish Tacos
Let me show you why this trader joe’s fish tacos hack is a great way to get a quick weeknight dinner on the table!
- Bake fish. Follow prep instructions on package. You want the fish crispy!
- Heat black beans. Don’t dump the liquid from the can, you want to simmer the black beans in the liquid for most flavor.
- Pickle onions. Thinly slice red onion and cover in white vinegar. This can also be done ahead.
- Make lime crema. Whisk together lime juice, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with salt to taste if desired.
- Heat tortillas. I like to do this (carefully!) over the gas oven flame to get them charred, but you can also microwave them.
- Assemble tacos. Top tortillas with a piece of fish, shredded cabbage, onions, sliced avocado, and a drizzle of lime crema.
Easy Fish Tacos Recipe FAQs
Can you make fish tacos with fish sticks?
Yes! I know it may sound kind of funny, but it’s a great way to easily make breaded fish tacos. I prefer buying the fish with breading as opposed to doing it myself because frying fish is a tad messy. Baking off breaded fish is an easy kitchen shortcut.
Can you make these with other fish?
Yes, you can really use any fish. You can even make these easy fish tacos with fish sticks! Otherwise any breaded white fish like cod or tilapia will work well.
If salmon is more your style, try my salmon tacos.
Do I have to shop at Trader Joe’s?
No, you make these quick and easy fish tacos with ingredients from any store.
How to Store Leftover Easy Fish Tacos
These easy fish tacos with slaw are best eaten fresh. If you’re going to have leftovers save everything separately and reheat the fish in a 400 degree F oven or hot skillet for best results.
More Easy Trader Joe’s Recipes
If you like this Trader Joe’s fish tacos recipe, you might also like some of these other easy Trader Joe’s recipes:
- TJ’s Vegetarian Chili Nachos – Simple, satisfying, and a quick and easy snack, lunch, or dinner!
- TJ’s Pollo Asado Quinoa Bowls – Just 15 minutes and 6 ingredients to make this grain bowl that’s perfect for a lunch, light dinner, or meal prep!
- TJ’s Tikka Masala Lentils – Just 10 minutes to make this vegan meal that’s loaded with plant based protein.
- TJ’s Curry Meatballs – It’s hard to believe that this flavorful meal takes just 20 minutes to make. It’s a staple and a must if you love curry.
Make this easy Trader Joe’s fish tacos recipe with just 8 ingredients + a few staples! This weeknight dinner is ready in 30 minutes!
- 10 oz. battered or breaded fish
- 15.5 oz. can black beans
- 1 red onion
- white vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 12 oz. corn tortillas
- 10 oz. shredded green cabbage
- Pre-heat oven and bake fish according to package instructions.
- Heat up beans (liquid and all!) in a saute pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice 1/2 red onion and place into a bowl and cover with white vinegar.
- Whisk together lime juice, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with a pinch of salt if desired.
- Heat tortillas over a gas stove (carefully!) or in a warm pan or microwave.
- Top warm tortillas with fish, cabbage, onions, avocado, and lime crema. Serve with black beans on the side
- FISH: choose a battered fish, I prefer the battered halibut.
- SERVE WITH: quinoa street corn salad if you want another side.
Keywords: easy fish tacos recipe, Trader Joe’s fish tacos recipe, fish tacos with cod