Trader Joe’s curry meatballs recipes takes just 20 minutes from start-to-finish! I love leaning on shortcut ingredients from TJ’s for the fastest and easiest meals! Here we’re using Trader Joe’s meatballs – I used the party ones that are smaller in size and cooking them in a flavorful curry sauce, all served over rice and sauteed cabbage. It’s a balanced meal, tons of flavor, and ready in 20 minutes.
How to Make Trader Joe’s Thai Curry Meatballs
This Trader Joe’s party meatballs recipe is beyond easy. Of course it is, because that’s why we’re using Trader Joe’s timesaver ingredients! Here’s how we make it:
- Make the easy curry meatballs. Combine the frozen meatballs, curry sauce, and water, in a deep skillet. Simmer and heat, for about 15 minutes, until meatballs are hot.
- Make cabbage. Heat butter in a large skillet. Add cabbage and season with salt. Cover and cook, until cabbage has wilted and lightly browned.
- Prepare rice. I used frozen rice for this particular recipe, but if you make the rice from scratch, start the rice first.
- Serve Trader Joe’s curry meatballs over rice with cabbage.
How to Store Trader Joe’s Curry Meatballs and Rice
The Trader Joe’s meatballs should be stored in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. Simply reheat in the microwave, until heated throughout.
Trader Joe’s Mini Meatballs Nutrition + Substitutes:
If you want to swap out any of the ingredients and toppings, here are a few ways you can add even more nutrition into this Trader Joe’s meatballs recipe:
- Add more vegetables. Skip the rice and serve over cabbage – you may want to double the cabbage!
- Use cauliflower rice. To increase the veggies and decrease the carbs, swap out the rice for a sauteed cauliflower rice.
- Add dark greens. Add some chopped spinach or kale to the cabbage saute.
More Trader Joe’s Recipes
This Trader Joe’s curry sauce with party meatballs is just one of mannnnnnny TJ recipes on this site. I keep creating them for you, because you LOVE them! Here are some other favorites:
- Ground Turkey Meal Prep Bowl – A healthy meal prep option made with just 4 ingredients!
- Meatball & Marinara Subs – If Trader Joe’s frozen meatballs are your thing, then you’ve got to try this easy meal made with Trader Joe’s ingredients.
- Trader Joe’s Cheese Platter – $25 and $45 options, for whatever your budget may be! Video instructions on how to build your board are included!
- 9 Healthy Staples from Trader Joe’s – My fave healthy items that we always have in the pantry!
- 15 Easy Trader Joe’s Recipes – The ultimate list. It’s time to head to your nearest TJs!
Easy Trader Joe’s: 25 Insanely Fast Recipes, 10 Ingredients or Less
Buy all of your groceries from Trader Joe’s? Need some ideas on how to actually turn your bag of groceries into easy and healthy meals that are ready in minutes? Not to mention delicious!
These exclusive recipes (not found on my site!) will give you inspiration and ideas to get quick meals on the table insanely fast, utilizing shortcuts from our favorite TJ ingredients.
CLICK HERE to purchase and download instantly!
Helpful Tools for Thai Curry Meatballs
- Stainless Steel Saute Pan – Choose a skillet with deep sides, you’ll need it for both the curry meatballs and the sauteed cabbage.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover Trader Joe’s curry recipe in these containers – they are the best!
My EASY Trader Joe’s Curry recipe is here to make all of your weeknight dinner dreams come true! 4-ingredient Trader Joe’s meatballs are ready in 20 min!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 20 oz. shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 20 oz. party meatballs
- 10 oz. Thai red curry sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 servings rice
- Combine meatballs, curry sauce, and water in a skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until meatballs are hot.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage to pan and season with sea salt. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage has wilted and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- While meatballs and cabbage are cooking, prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Serve curry meatballs with rice and cabbage.
TIP: Add water to curry jar and shake with cover to get all of the sauce out.
Keywords: trader joe’s curry, trader joe’s meatballs