Looking for some trader joe’s meal prep ideas? This ground turkey meal prep bowl recipe is so EASY + HEALTHY and takes just 20 minutes to make!
When it comes to meal prep ideas, I have some criteria: FAST. EASY. HEALTHY. Because isn’t that the point of meal prep? To essentially batch cook meals that are made with nutritious ingredients (like this turkey and quinoa meal prep!) so that you can nourish yourself well throughout the week when life is a bit busy.
I think that some of the pictures of meal prep that we see on the internet can be overwhelming. And so I just want to remind you that there are so many different ways to make meal prep work for you. As with everything, it doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing approach. You don’t have to spend hours on Sunday to feel like you got something accomplished.
And while I used to spend hours making meal prep lunch salads for my husband and I, right now, meal prep looks different for us. He gets bagged salads and makes his own in the morning. I will often eat leftovers OR, I’ll prep some lunches to eat throughout the week – for myself. Dinners come together quickly for us (30 minutes or less!) from my healthy meal plan service and breakfasts are made up of quick items like toast, fruit, cereal, etc. so lunch is the only meal I typically am meal prepping.
So this trader joe’s ground turkey meal prep idea was created to be FAST. (20 minutes!) EASY. (two pans, and a shortcut ingredient!). HEALTHY. (protein, grains, and vegetables are always what I strive for.)
How to Make Trader Joe’s Ground Turkey Meal Prep Bowls Recipe
I’ve already told you that this recipe is easy, but let me break down just how easy this ground turkey bowl recipe is.
Obviously, this recipe is made with 4 ingredients from Trader Joe’s (plus evoo, salt, and pepper!) but you don’t have to shop at Trader Joe’s to make this dish. Simply look for a prepared peanut sauce – they are typically found in the Asian section. (The Trader Joe’s Peanut Vinaigrette is with the refrigerated dressings and produce.)
First, we cook our ground turkey. One of the reasons I love coming up with ground turkey recipes is just because it cooks so quickly! In a large saute pan, we will cook the turkey and season it with salt and pepper.
When the turkey is finished, we’ll set it aside and wipe out the pan. (No need to dirty an additional pan for this easy trader joe’s meal prep.) Then we’ll quickly cook up the broccolini and garlic.
While that’s cooking, we’ll cook the frozen quinoa in the microwave and start dividing everything up into four meal prep containers. (More on my favorites below.)
How to Meal Prep for the Week
If you want to meal prep for the week, here are the simple steps:
- Decide how many meal prep meals you’ll need for the week. Will you include breakfast, lunch, dinner – or a combination of the three?
- Get your ingredients. Gather your recipes, make your grocery list, and get everything you need. (Order reusable meal prep containers if you need them!)
- Make the meals. It’s probably easiest to cook all of your meals at the same time. This meal prep with ground turkey takes just 20 minutes, so you could get two different recipes done in less than an hour.
- Portion them out. Store in the refrigerator until it’s time to eat. For this ground turkey meal prep bowl recipe, I re-heat everything but the dressing and then drizzle the dressing on top once I’m ready to eat.
More Ground Turkey Recipes
I love ground turkey recipes! They come together so quickly, don’t need much prep, and are a great way to incorporate protein into meals. Here are some of the other ground turkey recipes on my site:
- In-N-Out Style Turkey Burgers
- Slow Cooker Turkey Quinoa Chili
- Baked Turkey & Quinoa Meatballs
- Spaghetti Squash Turkey Parmesan
More Trader Joe’s Recipes
If you love shopping at Trader Joe’s, you can find some other easy trader joe’s recipes here:
- Trader Joe’s Masala Lentils
- Trader Joe’s Bool Kogi Rice Bowl
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Best Trader Joe’s Frozen Items
Helpful Meal Prep Containers
The options are almost limitless when it comes to meal prep containers, here are my two favorites. One glass option and one plastic. I have and use both, and the lids fit both sets too, which is nice! (affiliate links)
- Snapware Glass Storage Set – I prefer to use glass containers for food storage and reheating, these are my favorite.
- Snapware Plastic Storage Set – Plastic is nice to have, especially if you commute to work and don’t want your bag to get too heavy!
- Leakproof Dip/Condiment Containers – I love these stainless steel containers for dressings and dips.
Looking for some trader joe’s meal prep ideas? This ground turkey meal prep bowl recipe is so EASY + HEALTHY and takes just 15 minutes to make!
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and garlic to pan. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until fully cooked, breaking up turkey with a spatula or back of a wooden spoon. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and a pinch of black pepper.
Transfer turkey to a bowl or plate and wipe out pan. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in same pan over high heat. Add baby broccoli and garlic to pan. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes, until slightly brown. Carefully pour in 1/8 cup water into the pan and cover. Turn down heat to medium-high and cook for another 4-6 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
Meanwhile, cook quinoa in microwave.
Divide quinoa, turkey, and baby broccoli into 4 containers. Serve with spicy peanut vinaigrette. (I used about 1-2 tablespoons per bowl.)
Store in the refrigerator, when ready to eat, heat in microwave until hot and drizzle with dressing.
- You’ll need a 3 cup meal prep container.
Keywords: ground turkey meal prep bowl, meal prep ideas, meal prep with ground turkey