EASY Italian one pan sausage and veggies (aka roasted sheet pan sausage and veggies) is a healthy meal prep lunch recipe that takes just 5 minutes to prep and 15 to bake! It’s beyond simple, and the flavors scream pizza – always a good thing!
I like to call myself a lazy meal prepper. I love to have healthy meal prep meals to eat throughout the week, especially for my lunch. What I don’t love is having to spend hours making it happen over the weekend. So as much as possible, I create quick and easy meal prep ideas like this chicken sausage meal prep that ensure I have a nutritious lunch to eat throughout the week, without spending a ton of time on it.
Most of the time to make this sausage and veggie bake is hands-off, meaning we’ll spend a few minutes to get it all prepped and ready (Mostly chopping!) and then we’ll let it cook together in the oven without having to do much. I can’t wait for you to try this one, I think you’re going to love it!
How to Make Italian One Pan Sausage and Veggies:
As I mentioned, this is beyond easy! We cut up the peppers, onions, zucchini and sausages.
Whisk together a quick seasoned olive oil, toss everything together in a sheet pan (or two!).
Pro Tip: The veggies will release a lot of liquid so you can split everything up into two pans so that more of it can evaporate OR simply drain off any excess liquid after you bake the roasted vegetables and sausage.
Then the roasted sausage and vegetables get all toasty in the oven. You can also cook this on the stove if you prefer not to turn on the oven in warmer months.
That’s it! I told you it was easy. 🙂
What Should I Serve with Sausages?
Chicken sausage cook up so quickly (most versions are already cooked so you are basically just heating them up and browning them) that they make an excellent quick and easy meal, you just need to figure out the sides. I like to serve vegetables with sausages (obviously!). I love sheet pan sausage and veggies recipes like this one because you don’t even have to think about the side, you’ve already got your veggie sides done.
Toppings + Extras for Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies:
This sheet pan sausage and veggies recipe is designed to taste like pizza, so it’s best to serve it with some marinara sauce, a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese, and some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
As written, the recipe is lower in carbs, so you could also add some carbohydrates to round out the meal. Rice or pasta would work well, as would garlic toast made with sprouted bread (which was a staple for me when I had gestational diabetes).
More Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas:
You may start to notice a theme with my meal prep lunch ideas…simple, fast, healthy. These meals all feature protein, vegetables, and fiber to keep you going until dinner time.
- One Pan Sausage and Veggies – This meal prep idea is a similar idea, but with different flavors.
- Chicken Meal Prep with Quinoa and Broccoli – A satisfying meal with loads of protein and fiber!
- Southwest Salad Recipe – A fresh salad that can be prepped ahead of time.
- Homemade Lunchables (Ham & Cheese) – Kids and adults will love this easy lunch.
Meal Prep Containers:
The options are almost limitless when it comes to meal prep containers, here are my two favorites. One glass option and one plastic. I have and use both, and the lids fit both sets too, which is nice!
- Snapware Glass Storage Set – I prefer to use glass containers for food storage and reheating, these are my favorite.
- Snapware Plastic Storage Set – Plastic is nice to have, especially if you commute to work and don’t want your bag to get too heavy!
EASY Italian one pan sausage and veggies (aka roasted sheet pan sausage and veggies) is a healthy meal prep lunch recipe that tastes like pizza!
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 chicken sausages (12 oz.)
- 2 medium green zucchini
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut peppers, onion, sausages into 2 inch pieces. Slice zucchini into half moons.
- Spread everything out on a large baking sheet, using two if you need to.
- Mix together oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables and sausages. Toss to combine if necessary.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Divide into 4 lunch containers.
- Serve with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Top with red pepper flakes if you like some spice.
Keywords: sheet pan, healthy meal prep lunch,